Saturday, December 31, 2016

January Counterfeit Kit - Frosted Seaside

Happy New Year !!!! I seriously *cannot* believe that it's already 2017 ... it seems that I was just ringing in 2010 and then I blinked and wound up here. How did this happen?! Anyways, as perplexed as I am by the whole thing, I'll spare you all that "time flies" talk and get straight to the good stuff - a new kit to counterfeit! 


This month, Julene was tasked with choosing our inspiration kit and she selected the January kit from Shop and Crop. If you're doing the full Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop, you know by now that the original kit is full of mint and grey with pops of black, white and woodgrain (see photos above). I was definitely inspired by the color palette, as well as the bottle of spray mist and the mandala designs. 

Here's my version, which I'm calling Frosted Seaside ...


As you can see, my take is quite a bit softer than the original and I'm absolutely in love with it! The papers I chose are from Pink Paislee's Take Me Away collection and Crate Paper's Little You and Shine collections. I can't wait to use Frosted Seaside to create some layouts for my daughter's baby album. 

I'm the last stop on the hop, but you can head over here to start from the beginning xx  

13 comments :

  1. Gorgeous range of papers there Steph. I thought of your Hawaii photos as I was looking at the kit.They should all look superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Stephanie. This is a beautiful, little kit. So soft, sweet and with a little touch of whimsy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful kit with those lovely splashes of pink - just adorable for that growing album! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're back! I love your kit-can't wait to see what you make with it! You have inspired me to add some doily stamps and inks into my kit- my kit will be fuller now that I have hopped around! I love everyone's kits this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you are back! such a fan of your work and I always look to see your take on the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I can definitely imagine pages of your sweet little one from the Frosted Seaside kit. I, too, snuck in a bit of color, teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the soft color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your take on this kit...the mints are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see you back as well Happy New year to you and your family :) The kit looks great and looking forward to seeing what you create with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the minty soft feel of this kit. Perfect for baby layouts! Happy New Year, Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and so appropriate for baby photos! I love the yellow you added too but my favorite pieces are the cloud papers and cloud and star clips - just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely kit, the softer colors are perfect for some baby scrapping. Such a sweet cloud.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo