Friday, September 30, 2016

Baby Album : Documenting Day One

Hey everybody, I'm baaaaacccckkkkk !!!!!
(And, surprise - I have a baby now!) 


On August 18th, our sweet daughter Lina finally made her grand entrance into the world. This past month has been a whirlwind of emotions and the sleep-deprivation that everyone warns you about is the real deal y'all! But somehow, even with all the dirty diapers and laundry and sneaking in cat naps and trying to find time just to shower … somehow, I managed to get some scrapbooking done.


As soon as I found out I was having a baby girl, I contacted Barb & Joy over at Scrapbook Nerd and pre-ordered most of the Little You (Girl) collection by Crate Paper. The Little You collection is absolutely gorgeous; it's full of soft pinks, blues, woodgrain and adorable ephemera. I knew it would be perfect for documenting the newborn season.

For Lina's baby album, I decided to go with a 12x12 three-ring binder so that I can mix & match traditional, full-size layouts with Project Life-style spreads. Pocket scrapbooking is not my forte, but it's definitely the most convenient option for me at this point since I can work on each little card whenever I have a few minutes to spare. Here's a quick peek at what I've been working on ...

Lina's first day of life; all photos taken at the hospital within hours of her birth.


I'm planning to replace the floral patterned paper with journaling (lots of it!) in that bottom left 4x6 pocket. 


Sorry I don't have more to share today, but be sure to watch this space for layouts and more pocket spreads! I'm really hoping to get back into the scrapbooking groove in October, and will be updating the blog as I get things done. xx

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful page Stephanie and your daughter is so sweet! This page will be such a treasure in the years to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwww Congrats! She is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwww she is beautiful congrats to you both :) she's got a bit of both of you two in her looks already :) A super sweet page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo