Monday, May 9, 2016

Will I Ever Scrapbook Again?!

It sounds like a melodramatic question, but it's something I've been seriously wondering these past few weeks. I haven't scrapbooked in months - really, not since working on my December Daily last year.

As most of you probably know, a few days before Christmas my husband and I found out we were expecting … and I quickly fell into that 1st trimester season of nausea and fatigue. Even when I started to feel better, my creative mojo remained at large and it has yet to return. I want to scrapbook, I really do. I was so looking forward to documenting this pregnancy and putting together a homemade baby book. Each month, I pulled together my Counterfeit Kits with the best of intentions. Unfortunately, whenever I step into my scrapbook room all I end up doing is pushing paper around. My heart is focused on other things - like nursery colors and crib fabrics. There is a season for everything, and right now I'm in a season of baby bliss. And I'm learning to be okay with that.


I will scrapbook again, I know I will. Hopefully I can get some pages done before Baby arrives - but, if not, I'll just have to scramble to find time once she's here. (And yes, for those who didn't know, we are having a baby GIRL)

So, on that note, I'm going to get back to decorating the nursery. I'll post scrapbook-related again here as soon as I have something to share … which may be in a week, or a month, or a few months. But I'll be back. Promise :)


6 comments :

  1. Be in the moment & enjoy every part of this swwet blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every moment of your baby,scrapbooking will wait! Once she is here you might want to scrap all those photos you will be taking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gone years without scrapping, but always come back to my paper crafts. Kids take time and energy...they deserve it! At some point YOU will deserve a break more...like when they are 7 or 8! LOL!! Good luck with everything!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fantastic that you are having a girl! Time will come when you want to scrap again and to have a little girl to join in doing the craft togehr will be the best. Wish you well on this fabulous journey of yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo