Monday, February 29, 2016

Great Expectations - March Counterfeit Kit

Happy March everyone! I don't know what the weather is like in your corner of the world, but around here we've been enjoying warmer days, trees sprouting pink cherry blossoms and tulips galore! Spring has definitely sprung and I am loving it.

I'm your last stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog reveal hop so by now you know that we're using the fabulous Ali Edwards "Click" story kit as inspiration. Ali's kit is a little lean, so I decided to pull most of my inspiration from the pops of green seen in her pocket cards and sticker sheets. Green is NOT one of my favorite colors and I don't have much of it in my stash, but here's what I managed to pull together … 


I decided to pair the green with yellows and gold for a springtime feel 


My embellishments were also inspired by the ones in Ali's kit … 
tiny alphas, a sticker sheet of phrases, labels with cameras on them 


I'm actually really pleased with how this kit turned out. It's simple, it's small … but it coordinates well and I think it's pretty versatile. I'm looking forward to working with it this month!

Thanks for taking the time to complete the CKC Blog Hop! If you want to play along with us this month (and you totally should) you can head on over here to read all about it and link up your own kit.

13 comments :

  1. Perfect title for you! Lovely kit with all that gold too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely glittery kit - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best things about CKC is how it pushes us to work with colours or patterns we would normally enjoy. I bet this kit pushes you to deeper levels of creativity. And if the green bugs you too much, you can always make paper airplanes and fly them off the balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love it.

    On another note, I wish I knew how to make a small kit. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally picture you using this kit even if green isn't your fave colour. That "vintage" Sassafrass is a fun addition - I think I still have a few scraps of that! The highlight for me though are those sumptuous gold alphas - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great expectations indeed. it's a perfectly coordinated kit with a definite nod to the inspiration kit. I don't have much green in my stash either, but I bet at one time I had 2 or 3 of those papers too. Might have to go back and see if I still have them, and counterfeit your kit. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty kit, and I love the idea of green and gold for some March inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! Such a great kit name :) The green and gold are a perfectly lucky combo. Happy Scrapping, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this. Soothing. My heart yearns for green! (10 more inches of snow this very night - just came in from shoveling...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous kit! Cute gold stars & floral thickers,they should make nice layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you - simple but definitely versatile! I'm not really a fan of green either but I would love to work with this kit. Very cute (and appropriate) name too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute little kit :) Love those gold stars :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo