Sunday, January 31, 2016

Bittersweet - February's Counterfeit Kit

Oh, hello there February! A new month and a new kit to counterfeit … and this month, I get the honor of kicking off our Master Forgers blog hop! If you're not familiar with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, you can head on over here to read all about it and join the fun. 

This month, we're using the February kit from Mind The Scrap as inspiration for our counterfeit versions. The first thing that jumped at me in the real kit were the Amy Tangerine script font alpha stickers, since I had those in my stash. The next thing I noticed was the pink ombre paper from Maggie Holmes - again, I have a similar one already in my stash. I decided to use those two items as the building base for my kit … here's what I came up with … 


*sigh* … Yes, I know. Terrible photo quality for a second month in a row. Let's just say technology is definitely conspiring against me when it comes to blogging/photographing my work, but I'm refusing to let that slow me down! I'm calling my kit Bittersweet and I'm loving all the pink and black. 


Next up on the hop is Susanne 
Be sure to swing by her blog to see her take on the original kit 

15 comments :

  1. Love the pretty colors and the definite valentine's day feel to your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this kit, especially that black/white floral print. What great mixing and matching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Margie - your pretty kit is perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kit you came up with and how you came about with what you wanted :) LOL I saw the original and said OH NO! But I like the angle you took and that just helped me to decide the angle I want to take :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology is not ruining your sense of style though, eh? This is a lovely kit (and with all of the pink and black it's reminding me a little of my January kit!) I'm especially loving the enamel dots and puffy stickers - and will be looking forward to seeing them on your projects! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Kit, I agree love the back and white flower paper.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. I think this kit is a hard one to Counterfeit as it's not my style which translating into not having a bunch of those items in my stash. You did a great job with yours. So there's hope. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. your kit is a great take on the original... can't wait to see what you do with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when we go from a starting point and come up with something all our own and yours is definitely that! Love the MME and Crate stuff in there - just gorgeous and the colour scheme is really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all good Stephanie! Love the Crate paper piece that looks like a coloring page. Great combination of papers. Keep on Scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very colourful! You will enjoy using this I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so cute kit! Having an original kit item is a good spring-board to get started, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice kit - we chose similar colours - have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo