Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Daily 2015, Part 2 - Album Cover + Initial Prep Work

Yay!!!!! It's finally the first of December! Bring on the advent calendars, the twinkling lights, the carols and stockings!

Later today, I'll be decorating my Christmas tree and baking gingerbread cookies … but first, I want to show you the work I've done so far on my December Daily 2015 album. I've heard from multiple sources that the best way to stay on track with December Daily is to do as much prep work ahead of time as possible, so that's what I tried to do. I started by decorating the plain chipboard cover of my Simple Stories holiday binder


To create the cover, I began with a sheet of patterned paper from the Crate Paper Wonder collection. I mounted a second sheet of patterned paper from my Jasmine Jones December Daily mini kit onto green cardstock and adhered that to the center of my cover. Then, I sprinkled on some embellishments - a chipboard reindeer (which I painted white and added a red nose to), some candy cane Thickers and a small sticker that says "unwrap the season" … 


The cover wasn't the only thing I prepped. I also got to work embellishing some 3x4 cards and creating 6x8 layouts (with space left for the photos, of course). Here's a tiny peek at some of the cards I've made so far …


And, last but not least, I knew I wanted to start off my album with a December 2015 calendar page, so I used this one from the Jasmine Jones mini kit …


That's it for today - be sure to check back next Tuesday to see my first week documented! If you're doing December Daily too, let me know in the comments below … I'd love to swing by and check out your album.

4 comments :

  1. Your book is looking amazing!! Prep work for a DD is the best idea! I started making mine yesterday!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great Stephanie :) Love the cover work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Could you check in with CKC DT, please? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I failed this year! I so wanted to do a journal but just haven't managed it. looks like your prep really helped you along and this is such a great start! love that cover

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo