Sunday, November 1, 2015

Musings - November Counterfeit Kit

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday! Today I'm popping in to share my November Counterfeit kit, Musings. If you're not already familiar with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, you can head on over here to read all about it.

This month we're creating counterfeit kits inspired by the new Cedar Lane collection by Pink Paislee.

So, my October kit was slightly ginormous - 15 patterned papers, stickers, enamel dots, ephemera and flair badges galore! This month, my kit is much more streamline. I know I'm going to be busy doing prep work for my December Daily album (more on that in a few weeks) so I won't have a lot of time for regular, everyday scrapbooking. I decided to pull just enough product to create one or two layouts.


I loved the large floral paper in the Cedar Lane collection (left) … the closest thing I had in my stash was the floral paper from Shimelle's True Stories Collection (as seen on the right). That paper became the foundation of my kit. The Cedar Lane collection had several embellishment options including paper clips, arrows, puffy stickers and word stickers. I included all of those in my counterfeit kit ….


As an added bonus this month, each Master Forger is picking an additional embellishment item (not from the Cedar Lane collection) to add to our kits. I decided to add rosettes, similar to these from the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection …


I don't actually have those rosettes in my stash so I made my own. A link to the tutorial will be up on the Counterfeit Kit Blog on the 4th of November, as will a complete list of embellishment add-on ideas.

Thanks for stopping by today! Next up on the reveal hop is Susanne

16 comments :

  1. A great looking kit Stephanie - very you! Love those rosettes and looking forward to seeing how you forged them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bright floral is a perfect substitution for the original. It takes on a whole different color vibe, but it is one that is oh so you! You are smart to create a smaller kit knowing you may not have time for a ton of layouts. I would imagine you will be spending some time on your novel as well. Congrats on that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that floral by Shimelle, and what a great idea to base your whole kit on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to make a smaller kit to fit in with your schedule and I like that you took one piece from the inspiration and built your kit around it. Fun selection of embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, love how your kit is so bright and happy! And those rosettes are pretty cool, can't wait for the full tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Looks great! Although a totally different vibe, somehow it still fits and I can connect inspiration into the whole kit. Looking forward to your rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you chose the bold floral as your starting point-love all the word action going on in the kit! Look forward to the rosettes tutorial; mine always come out a bit wonky (I'm getting my kit together tonight)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting Kit Stephanie and lovely embellishments.(as always).

    ReplyDelete
  9. If only I could go the sensible route and make a smaller kit! I have high hopes for the new year and am thinking of making some tiny page kits rather than the full blown over the top extravaganzas that I've been making recently! Great kit as always and I like the idea of taking one paper as a starting point - I'll have to try that. Looks like its going to be a wonderful month - I knew it would!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this kit! Everything from papers to embellishments coordinate so perfectly. I'm looking forward to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you my last (September) counterfeit kit was huge, and I plan to make this one a bit smaller. Your kit looks just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I love choosing one paper as the starting point for my kits - it usually sends them in a completely different direction to the original but I can still see little 'nods' towards the Cedar Lane collection in the kit! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beauty of a kit :) I almost chose those same Amy Tangerine stickers but went with another set for my kit :) Looking forward to the tutorial on the rosettes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that bold floral as the basis for your kit. I always love to see what little bits you have in your embellis, too! I thought of rosettes, too : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors of your kit. Your inspiration piece is fab. Looking forward to seeing your rosettes.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo