Tuesday, November 24, 2015

December Daily 2015, Part 1 - What I'm Using

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first instalment of my December Daily 2015 series. Every Tuesday, from now until the 5th of January, I'll be sharing the pages of my December Daily mini album here on the blog. Now, I know it's *not quite* December yet, but I wanted to show you all the yummy products I'm planning to use over the next few weeks to document the holiday season … and I figured I'd kick things off a little early so that if anything here catches your eye, you'll have time to pick it up before the 1st of December rolls in. (Oh yes, I'm such an enabler!)

Let's jump straight into it, shall we? 


For my album, I'll be using the 6x8 holiday binder from the Simple Stories Claus & Co. collection. 
Be sure to stop by my blog on December 1st to see how I spruced up my cover! 


For papers, I've decided to work primarily with the Juniper Berry collection by Basic Grey. I love all the pink and woodgrain in this collection. I also love the fact that the papers aren't filled with snowmen and Santa, but have more subtle Christmasy images like deer and pinecones. I ordered practically everything from this collection - all the papers, the ephemera, the stickers - and I can't wait to dig in and start playing!


I also decided to order one of the December Daily mini kits that Ali Edwards offered this year. I chose this gorgeous mini kit designed by Jasmine Jones because calligraphy! Script font! What more could a girl ask for?! I also love that its colors match the Juniper Berry collection perfectly. 


Every mini album needs to include some stamping, so I picked up a few holiday sets: snowflakes by Bo Bunny from their White Out collection, a Merry Christmas sentiment by Shimelle and, my personal favorite, the Joy set by Kelly Purkey. I also have 2 Hero Arts ink pads to play with - one in red royal and another in forever green (not pictured). 


And, of course, you can't scrapbook anything without some letter stickers right? I stocked up on a bunch, including the fabulous number Thickers from Shimelle's new Christmas line. 


A binder, patterned paper, pocket cards, stamps, ink and letter stickers … I think that pretty much covers it! I do have a few other goodies that I'll be sneaking into this album - Star Wars stickers to document the night we go see the movie, for example, and glittery gold enamel dots and chipboard stars. I'm so excited to begin putting these products to good use as I document the upcoming holiday season.


5 comments :

  1. Wow cool looking kit :) I'll be watching this series :) Have fun with it I plan to with mine. Do love your choice of papers and that candy cane alpha, swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enabling is right! You've given me quite a few things to add to my wishlist...
    The Juniper Berry collection is very pretty - it's Christmas-y without be too traditional. Kelly's stamp set is lovely (I'm definitely drawn to the brush script I'm seeing everywhere lately) and those candy cane striped thickers will definitely add some fun to your project. Looking forward to seeing your album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous selection of supplies!! Love those Thickers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to get my hands on the BG collection - now I see it here, I want it even more! As if I need more Christmas papers!!! But the highlight for me are the candy cane Thickers - just gorgeous. I really need to try to track some of those down. Looking good Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo