Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pumpkin Chai - October Counterfeit Kit

Hello hello everyone! Welcome to the beautiful month of October. My favorite time of year starts right about now and ends just after Christmas … autumn, in all its glory, with just a hint of winter. It's not just the pumpkin spiced lattes that make me giddy this time of year (although those are the best!) but also the calm sense of routine, the vibrant landscape with its changing leaves, the quiet rainy mornings and the sound of the foghorn echoing across the inlet. My heart was full this morning as I flipped the calendar over to a new month.

As always, a new month means a new kit to counterfeit! If you're not already familiar with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, you can head on over here to read all about it and join the fun. We have some new faces this month, so be sure to stop by and say hello to Clair, Susan and Kelly as they join us on the counterfeit team!

This month we are switching things up a little and are pulling inspiration from this gorgeous Case File

When I saw the case file, I immediately knew that I wanted to work with that color scheme (orange, yellow, grey, cream/white and pistachio). The color scheme was my guiding force as I pulled my kit together. I began by pulling patterned papers and did my best to make sure each color on the palette was well represented …


Next, I took a look at the testimony file. Here in Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving on October 12th so the "thank you note" idea jumped out at me straightaway. I pulled out a few 3x4 Project Life cards that had a gratitude theme to them and added those to the kit. I also pulled some Halloween embellies, because it is October afterall.


I couldn't decide which flair badges to use - so I just included them all! :) 


And last but not least, I pulled together a mini card kit in honor of World Card Making Day which is on October 3rd. My inspiration for the card kit was the evidence file - specifically, leaves and watercolor.


Thanks for stopping by today! 

Next up on the hop is Susanne
Be sure to swing by her blog to see her counterfeit kit for the month 

16 comments :

  1. Oh Stephanie, I love the brightness to your kit - and I love that name. Seems so you to me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have kit envy! I am in love with all of your patterned papers and your collection of embellishments is just lovely! *coveting*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kit Stephanie! That photo of the papers all lined up in their colorful glory - love it! You've added a great collection of flair and some fun stamps too - I bet you have a very productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty array of papers. Your embellishments are super too.You can never have enough flairs.
    I must try this pumpkin spiced latte.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Loving it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh - love those flair buttons - a gorgeous versatile kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh just love this kit you have so many fun things to play with in there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking kit! I love the color fade presentation with the papers and all of your wonderful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY FLAIR!!! I love them all! Such a sucker for flair :) Great to include some of the themed stickers and embellishments you KNOW you are going to want this month. Makes your kit very user friendly. Happy Scrapping and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why have a few, when you can have lots? When in doubt, add more flair! Such a bright, cheerful kit. Looks like you have all the angles covered for scrapping October.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love it! What a gorgeous kit! That feather paper is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a super fun kit! I love that little pumpkin pattern paper. The whole thing is fresh and modern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! What a good idea to make a mini-kit for card making. Happy World Card Making Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This may be my personal fave of all your forgeries! I can hear your excitement in your post - so happy your MOJO returned :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What happy colors in your kit. Super cute pumpkins.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colours are gorgeous and true to the original while remaining very much a "you" layout. 'Pretty papers, lovely embellishments and all those flair?!? Just get as usual. And what a good idea to make an add on card kit. You've got my brain working...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo