Friday, October 16, 2015

Just One Thing - A Touch Of Flair

Is it seriously mid-October?! How is that even possible! I blinked and the month is half over. *sigh*

Today the third challenge of the month went live on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. For this challenge, we were told to use just one thing … we can use all the paper, adhesive and photos that we want but when it comes to embellishments we're restricted to one type of item.

I decided to work with flair badges. I have so many in my stash ... 


Here's the layout I came up with …


This photo was taken during a walking tour of Ghent, a city we visited in northwest Belgium. The journaling talks about how it rained heavily during our tour but luckily the skies cleared just as our tour was wrapping up, allowing us to enjoy the city and its beautiful architecture. 


I used patterned paper, cardstock, letter stickers and 4 flair badges on this layout. I wasn't sure whether letter stickers should count as an embellishment but, in the end, I decided they were essentials and therefore my flair badges were my "just one thing".  I'm so happy with how this layout turned out - colorful, playful and emphasis on the beautiful buildings.

Thanks for stopping by today! Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for more inspiration.

5 comments :

  1. You have such a flair for layouts! (Yup. Went there. And I'll be here all week folks!) Love the layout - it looks so 'full' despite the limits of the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with this challenge Stephanie! Great design and your papers really complement that colorful photo - I'm a little envious of your flair collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! LOVING all the flair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at Clair's comment. This is fabulous Stephanie. Your flairs amaze me, I think I own about 5 in total.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha Clair! Yes, flair is definitely the word to describe you and your layouts! You did such a great job with the challenge and using the buttons was a great idea. Your layout lacks nothing which just goes to show how wonderfully designed it is :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo