Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Uptown - September's Counterfeit Kit

Hello everyone & happy September!! I am so, so excited that September has finally arrived. My favorite season, autumn, is right around the corner and I love the calm sense of routine that September ushers in. There are also a lot of really fun scrappy-related things on the agenda for me this month, so stay tuned!

First up - there's a brand new kit to counterfeit! If you're following the reveal blog hop, then you already know that this month we are being inspired by Studio Calico's Pop Art kits. These kits are the epitome of trendy and really capture the contemporary graphic design vibe that is so "in" right now.

That said … I've been a member of the Counterfeit team for 2+ years and this month marks the first time I've been truly stumped by a kit. Nothing in the Pop Art kits spoke to me and I honestly didn't know where to begin. In the end, I pulled a little inspiration from all 4 of the kits. The "+" design featured on one of the Project Life cards was the first thing that caught my eye, followed by the grid patterned paper in the main scrapbooking kit. I pulled some stars, as seen in the stationary kit, and some tags like the ones in the card kit. I went with a different color scheme but I did stick to the overall idea of black and white with pops of color. And, since all of the kits had washi tape in them, I included some of that too.

Here's the end result, which I'm calling Uptown …


… and my add-on Project Life kit …


Funny how things work out - I was so distraught as I was pulling this kit together, but in the end it wound up being one of my absolute favorite counterfeits to date! I've already made 2 layouts and a card. Proof that you should never let a little lack of inspiration deter you from joining in the CKC challenge!! 

Next up on the hop is Susanne 
Be sure to swing by her blog to see her take on the Pop Art kits! 

13 comments :

  1. I love that you've also used a nugget of inspiration from each kit and made a coherent whole! Just goes to show that 1 plus 1 plus 1 plus 1 = 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous kit Stephanie.There's lots of black and white which will work well with the brighter colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit. Love how you pulled the plus sign as your inspiration for your kit. I'm so looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, you are SO. RIGHT. about never letting the inspo kit defeat you! You've made a counterfeit that hearkens to it but is really YOU. Uptown, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun kit you pulled for the month :) It's interesting to see this kit stump you all and how you all overcame it :) You all made so really cool kits from this inspiration :) Looking forward to see what you crate with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love all of the fun, happy elements in your kit. That crossword paper and all of those beautiful washi tapes are making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so punchy and bright, one of my favorite counterfeits this month! Gorgeous kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun kit - the perfect mix of bright with black & white. I would definitely love to work with it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun, bright colors! The addition of the black elements ties in to those bold black letters in the inspiration. Love the crossword puzzle paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you've captured the Pop Art feel so well. I'm experiencing extreme kit envy at this very moment which I suspect will last all month. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the colours and liveliness of this kit!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. the way you got past your initial lack of inspiration is in fact, inspirational for me! You are right that there is always something in each kit to work on even if the first view is not all that appealing. And the kit you've made is so you and gorgeous. love the colours, the elements, the papers. such a great kit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo