Saturday, September 19, 2015

This Girl Is On Fire …

I've been in a bit of a creative funk for … oh, the last six months or so. As some of you know, I went through a season where I was really quite sick and even though I'm doing much better now (Hallelujah! Thank you, Lord!) my scrappy mojo decided to take its sweet time coming back to me. For months, I did nothing but push papers around my desk. I wanted to scrapbook, I really did, but I just couldn't seem to muster up any inspiration or motivation. It was really discouraging!

But then my September Counterfeit Kit, Uptown, came along .. and all of a sudden - wham! The creative energy came rushing in, pulling me right back into the scrapbooking groove. So far, I've made 4 layouts using my counterfeit kit and 3 other layouts using products from my Scrapbook Nerd design team kit. That's a whopping 7 layouts this month, folks, which is SUPER IMPRESSIVE considering I've been averaging only 1 or 2 layouts a month for awhile now - if even that.

Here's the third layout I've made this month using Uptown … 


I'm in love with this photo of my husband and I. We've been married for over 3 years now, but I'm still totally smitten. He's such a gem … and the quote is true as well: our life together is simple, but it's pretty amazing.


How is everyone else doing with their Counterfeit Kits this month? I have one more Counterfeit layout to share and it'll be up next week. In the meantime, be on the lookout for some fun Scrapbook Nerd projects featuring the whimsical Treasure Map collection from October Afternoon - coming soon!!

7 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the photo, the colors and the balloon!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a sweet page! Thanks for dropping by and leaving me such a nice comment the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Love the photo,the papers and embellies! So glad you are back to creating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your title. I wish people used the word smitten more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely on fire! The black & white with the brights is such a fabulous combination - cute couple too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a romantic photo and great to hear that your mojo is back - with a force by the look of it. what a super page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, I like that unexpected punch of orange.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo