Thursday, September 24, 2015

September's Counterfeit Kit Challenge Member Blog Hop

Hello there! September is quickly coming to an end which means it's time for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Members' Blog Hop. This hop is a monthly wrap-up of sorts, where everyone gets a chance to showcase projects made using their counterfeit kit. If you're following the hop from start to finish (and, of course, you should) then you arrived here after perusing Tina's blog. If you're a little lost, you can head back here to start from the very beginning.

This month, we were asked to create counterfeit kits inspired by Studio Calico's Pop Art kits. I wasn't a big fan of the Pop Art kits, but I ended up falling head over heels for my counterfeit version - Uptown.

First, let's take a look back at some of the layouts I created with my kit earlier this month ….

For more info on these layouts + to see close-up shots, check out the following blog posts - 

The project I created specifically for this hop was inspired by challenge #1 - keep most of your layout white and use one pop of color for a change of pace. Here's what I came up with ….


Now, I know what you're thinking: I cheated!! Yes … yes, I did. My original plan was to use white + shades of pink to document the day my husband and I went to an Andy Warhol art exhibit in the city. Somehow, a splash of yellow snuck its way in there and then I added black journaling. But you know what? While I didn't follow the exact guidelines of the challenge (sorry Bethany!) I'm really pleased with how the layout turned out. No regrets.


Next up on the hop is Binty 
Be sure to hop over to her blog to see what she created this month 

13 comments :

  1. Oh WOW - that is a superb way to interpret the challenge. Great fun! And the yellow star is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout looks great and that splash of yellow is perfect for drawing the eye over to your photo. The star is the perfect shape for Marilyn too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this funky layout Stephanie. It reflects the Andy Warhol era. You couldn't have done it any better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the challenge :) I like it and I lvoe how you used that star I agree it's a great way to draw your eye to the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwww! LOVING that lo!! I would love to see one of his exhibits!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though you didn't stick to one color I think the yellow pops and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made the perfect choice! No complaints here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow and pink combination are fabulous and are perfect for that eye catching photo. A great page and by the looks of it, a great month of creative productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun LO. love the composition and the way u choose the papers & embellishments to compliment the photograph. awesome sauce :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh absolutely love love it! It's so pretty. Well maybe I m bias (pink is my fav color) jk this is really pretty! Totally captured the artistic Andy Warhol feel too. Loved the pop of yellow star too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how this page totally suits the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fun, eye-catching, well designed. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure that no-one minds at little extra stashbusting. Especially on such a fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo