Saturday, September 12, 2015

Our Funko Collection

Have you heard of Funko Pops? They're these adorable vinyl dolls featuring popular characters from TV, movies and books. My husband and I have started collecting them - we weren't intending to, but they're just so darn cute! And there are so many of them! :)

I snapped this photo of some of our Funko Pops (superheroes are his; princesses are mine) and decided it would be fun to make a layout with it. I pulled out my September Counterfeit kit, Uptown, and got straight to work. Here's what I came up with …


I knew the bright pops of color and the hodgepodge of patterned paper designs would be busy so, to avoid overwhelming the page, I used a simple grid paper for my background. Because the background is neutral, the eye is immediately drawn in to the photo - exactly what I was hoping for! I used white alphabet stickers for the same reason; I really wanted the photo and the fun embellies to pop.


I'm so happy with how this layout turned out! I think it's fun and playful, and showcases (a tiny segment) of our collection perfectly. We have added several new characters to our Funko family since this photograph was taken - perhaps I'll need to make another layout with the others ;) 


Let me know in the comments if you own any Funko Pops … and, if you don't, be sure to share what other cutesy things you collect! xo

5 comments :

  1. I've never heard of Funko Pops but they do look cute. I like how you've arranged your layout and you are right the plain grid background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those dolls but never knew what they were called. They're very cute and are the perfect subject for your bright and happy kit! I agree that the grid background pulls your eye right to the photo. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable layout! I have never heard of funko pops, they really are so cute! I just love your kits you create, it inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great fun page, I did not know the name...although, I have seeing them TFS
    hugs from california
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute, but another no over here - haven't heard of them :-) But you have really showcased them perfectly with these uber-bright colours and papers. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo