Monday, September 21, 2015

October Afternoon's Treasure Map - Wanderlust

Hi everyone! I'm popping in today to share my first layout for Scrapbook Nerd. As I mentioned earlier this month, I'm now on their design team and every month I'll be showcasing a different collection and using it to create fun layouts and projects that will *hopefully* inspire you. I love Scrapbook Nerd and was a loyal shopper with them long before making their DT ... so trust me when I say they're an awesome retailer well worth checking out!

For the month of September, I had the privilege of working with October Afternoon's Treasure Map collection …
This collection has been out for a few months now, but I don't think it's gotten nearly as much fanfare as it deserves! It has a very cutesy, thematic vibe to it … lots of pirates and palm trees, anchors and skulls … but with a little creativity it can also be used to document all kinds of travel (not just cruises and tropical getaways) as well as everyday life.

Here's the first layout I made featuring the gorgeous True North patterned paper … 


I used a 5x7 photo for this layout. The photo was taken as Alan and I were walking into Grand Place in Brussels (Belgium) on our first day in Europe. I'll never forget that moment … seeing the "storybook Europe" I grew up dreaming about for the very first time. We got off the train, exited the station, turned a corner and - WOW. There it was, in all its glory. As cheesy as it sounds, walking into Grand Place was like walking into a dream. Brussels is an amazing city and I will always have a soft spot for it in my heart because of the moment described above. 


There are really cute travel-themed "tin pins" (aka: flair badges) in this collection! I used the compass on this layout, but I'll be finding a home for each of them … the whale one is adorable! 


I hope this layout inspired you! 

For those interested, I'm hosting a challenge on the Scrapbook Nerd message board to create a layout using a photo larger than 4x6 … If you want to play along, you have until September 30th to upload a photo of your layout to the appropriate message board thread (see here). There are 3 other challenges up as well … each completed challenge earns you a ballot into a random drawing for a $20 store voucher. Good luck!

4 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the map paper and loveeeeee that photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and layout Stephanie! I like that the photo is in the center of the map like a bulls-eye and that airplane vellum under the photo is very pretty. I really wasn't aware of this collection - looking forward to seeing what you do with it. (We had that same kind of moment last year in Paris - we got off the metro and were just in awe of the gorgeous buildings. Like you said, definitely "storybook Europe". )

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you can imagine, I love this page and this collection. The map paper is a stunner (yes, I have it in my collection too!). I love this whole selection of papers and you've made me think that I need to get another set of papers and the embellie pack. This is a great page and the message you've given about travel and your wonderland holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo