Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mix & Match - Combining Sketches

The third challenge of the month has gone live over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and it's a fun one! For this challenge, Bethany wants us to combine two sketches and create a design that's all our own. Here are the two sketches she asked us to work with (both are from Studio Calico) …


… and now here's what I came up with when I combined the two sketches above …


As you can see, all the elements from both sketches are still there but the overall design is radically different. Here is the page I made, using my September Counterfeit Kit, Uptown


I made this layout for one of my best friends, Xinxin, who is getting married next month. I "stole" one of her engagement photos off Facebook and used it to create this 12x12 page full of little details that really highlight their love story - the globe, for example, represents their cross-cultural relationship and the camera captures Xinxin's passion for photography.


I framed the layout using a black 12x12 frame by Studio Decor (available at Michaels). We displayed it at her bridal shower and then I sent it home with her so it can grace the walls of her new place.


I love this girl something fierce and am so excited to celebrate her wedding next month! Be on the lookout for lots of lovely autumn wedding layouts in the not-so-distant future :) 

4 comments :

  1. This is an amazing layout - love the black and white photo amid all the color and that the embellishments all have meaning for the happy couple. What a lovely gift for them - it will surely be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and how you incorporated the globe and the camera!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You combined those sketches seamlessly! I love your mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of combining significant elements on a page - something not too obvious unless you are in the "know". A super mix of the two sketches and you've got me motivated to have a go at it - will have a go soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo