Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Touring French Castles + Scrapbook Circle Sketch

I haven't participated in a sketch challenge in ages - and when I saw this amazing sketch over on the Scrapbook Circle blog, I knew I had to play along. I was instantly drawn to its layers and the clusters of embellishments surrounding the photos.


If you've been following my blog for awhile now, you probably know that I print almost all of my photos in either 4x6 or 4x4. I didn't have any small photos on hand, so I had to adjust the sketch to accommodate a size I had available. Here is my take on it using one 4x4 photograph … 


This photo is one of my favorites from our recent trip to Europe. Both my husband and I are into castle - he loves the architecture, I love the history and romance. When we were in France, we decided to treat ourselves and booked a full-day tour of French castles in the historic Loire Valley (about 2 hrs from Paris). The last castle we saw on our tour was called Chateau de Chenonceau and before we left to get back on the bus, we snapped a quick selfie with the castle in the background. 

I decided not to use any travel-themed papers or embellishments on this layout - except for that red puffy "travel" sticker, obviously. I wanted the page to look the way we felt while touring castles … elegant, romantic, ritzy, royal. I used a lot of leftover odds and ends from various Valentine's Day collections. I loved how the layout turned out and it's proof that you don't have to splurge on thematic supplies to document your travels! 

If you're inspired by the sketch and want to play along, you have until August 19th to upload your layouts (link here) for a chance to win a Crate Paper prize pack. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo