Sunday, August 23, 2015

I Scream, You Scream … We All Scream For Ice Cream

All summer long, the design team over on the Scrapbook Nerd message board have been issuing challenges as part of their annual scrappy Summer Camp festivities. I've managed to get a handful of challenges done and I'm hoping to cross a few more off the list later this week. One of the challenges was to scrapbook a "summer" photograph - and nothing says summer quite like a hot fudge ice-cream sundae, right?! Here's the layout I made … 


I enjoyed this delicious concoction whilst sitting in a busy square near the Cathedral in Cologne. Alan was climbing the 500+ stairs to the top of the Cathedral, and Lisa and I decided to enjoy a special treat while we waited. Now, funny story … I scrapbooked this entire layout and uploaded it to the gallery and then realized that it actually wasn't ice-cream at all! It was an iced cappuccino thingy. *oops* But as far as I'm concerned, iced cappuccinos are also quite summery so I think this layout still counts! And I'm leaving the title and ice-cream embellishments as is because … well, it looks quite cute! 



I used a mix of Dear Lizzy products from her Serendipity line and some newer products from Crate Paper's Poolside collection. I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I really love how this turned out - probably because it's got all 3 of my favorite colors (pink, minty green and woodgrain!) It's definitely my favorite layout of the summer.



There's still a bit of time to play along if you're interested in participating in Scrapbook Nerd's summer camp! All challenges must be uploaded to the Scrapbook Nerd gallery and shared in the appropriate message board thread by August 31st in order to qualify for one of the three $15 gift certificate prizes.  Each layout posted gets you one ballot into the prize draw. Scrapbook Nerd is a really fun community, so I highly recommend you check 'em out if you haven't already!


3 comments :

  1. i can see why you love this layout - i love it, too! it's very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crazy for ice cream....and for your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a similar love of bright, colourful palettes, I think. And, of course, ice cream. That looks so 'nom' x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo