Saturday, August 1, 2015

Heat Wave - August Counterfeit Kit

Hello Everyone! I don't know about you, but I was thrilled to flip the calendar over to August this morning. This summer has been a real kicker for us and not at all relaxing … we've had crazy heat waves, raging forest fires, drought, water restrictions. Sigh. I'm looking forward to autumn and having time to unwind and catch my breath without a pool of sweat gathering around my ankles. I exaggerate, but only slightly.

Anywhoo - a new month, a new kit to counterfeit! If you're not already familiar with counterfeiting, be sure to head over here to read all about it and get in the know. This month, the Counterfeit Kit Challenge team is pulling inspiration from Scrappy Canary's June kit, Globe Trotter


I loved the color scheme in this kit - grey, navy, brown (woodgrain/cork) with splashes of yellow and red. My last few kits have been heavy on pink and minty green, so I was excited to focus on a more primary color palette this month. Of course, this is me we're talking about so of course I still managed to sneak in some pink and minty green ;)

Here's what I came up with …


I began by pulling out the one sheet of patterned paper featured in the original kit that I also had in my stash (the grey arrow paper). Then, I found a paper with ticket stubs on it that was very similar to the ticket stub paper seen in Globe Trotter. I built my kit around those two sheets of papers, choosing embellishments and alphas that matched their colors. The result? A very bright, vibrant kit perfect for documenting these last few days of summer. 

Next up on the hop is Susanne
Be sure to swing by her blog to see her counterfeit kit of the month 


12 comments :

  1. This looks to be a very fun kit, Stephanie. I can feel the sunlight and heat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright kit Stephanie.The coloured enamel dots will be fun to use and your papers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a vibrant kit! I love the bright colors - what a fun combination of items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely bright and colourful and a great take on the original. love it when one or two sheets of paper really inspire the rest and this collection looks like it's going to yield many gorgeous layouts. Can't wait to see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the Stephanie twist to the inspiration! Oh, what a yummy scrummy kit you've pulled together - can't wait to see if some of your European adventure pics show up on a page or two :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy bright kit! I always enjoy your unique touch to your kits! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your kit! So bright and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so summery! Those brights remind me of popsicles and Mr. Freezies. Ahhhh. Just the things to cool you down on a hot afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so scrumptiously good this kit is :) So sorry to hear if your weather woes where you live, here it's been just the heat but this kit looks like an easy way to cheer anyone up :) Good approach to getting your kit together and I look forward to seeing what you create out of it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, LOVE your take on the kit. Great stuff is going to come out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love the pops of neon. Suddenly I'm taken back to the summers of my youth when these colours were fashionable and I wore all of them at once. < With big hoop earrings, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the neon colors in your kit. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo