Saturday, August 8, 2015

Globetrotting Friends

The third challenge of the month is up over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and this time around it's a word challenge. We were told to create a project based on the word FRIENDS. Now, there are many ways one could approach this challenge … You could use products that coordinate with each of the letters (ie: flowers for F, ribbon for R, ink for I and so on) or you could scraplift a creative friend. Or, you could go a more literal route and create a layout about friends. That's what I did.


I used my August Counterfeit Kit, Heat Wave, to make this layout. The photo was taken in Germany when I got to meet my fellow CKC design team member, Lisa. Lisa met up with my husband and I in Cologne; I'll never forget stepping off the train and seeing her hurrying down the platform waving at us. It felt like a homecoming! Together, we explored German castles along the Rhine and had an amazing dinner at a brew house. She also introduced us to K├Âlsch, a delicious German beer that my husband continues to rave about. 



Getting to meet Lisa was such a treat - she's a wonderful person and an excellent tour guide! She's also incredibly talented, so be sure to check out her blog for a constant stream of inspiration.

Don't you just love how this hobby brings us together and creates friendships across the miles?! I never dreamed I'd have friends all around the world - but now I do, thanks to the scrapbook community! xo


7 comments :

  1. I like the way your blog is set up. Cute faux sequins bottom right.
    I'd love to see some German castles, well, any castles would be great. Envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stephanie! This is fabulous and you are so sweet - I'm blushing! It was wonderful to meet you (and your hubby) too - as I knew it would be! I love how connected we all are and it was a truly wonderful two days with you both. I nearly went and checked out your lock when I was there with Lynnette LOL! Great layout and again, such lovely sweet , kind words. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute page of you fun gals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great happy and fun colors to commemorate this very special event, and great use of that photo-realistic city-scape under the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great happy and fun colors to commemorate this very special event, and great use of that photo-realistic city-scape under the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made many of my bestest friends through scrapbooking or beading - and feel very lucky. How lovely that you were able to meet another Master Forger and have such a wonderful time together. Definitely worth a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous page - and soooooo envious that you had fun with Lisa! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo