Thursday, July 16, 2015

Merci, Paris ... A Layout + Tips For Using Project Life Cards

Okay. Somebody get the confetti dispenser. Someone else conduct the choir in a lively rendition of the "Hallelujah" chorus. It's real, folks. It's happening. For the first time in months, I ACTUALLY scrapbooked a layout - and photographed it! And uploaded it to this blog! I think an impromptu dance party is in order …

 

Alright, enough dancing. Let's get down to business.

The layout itself is nothing fancy. It's for my Europe album (surprise, surprise) and it features a 4x4 Instagram photo of the Eiffel Tower that I took during our first day in Paris. I'm planning to add some journaling to the bottom right-hand corner, but I'm going to add all my journaling at the end once most of the album is complete. 


The latest challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is to alter an embellishment. I have a huge assortment of Project Life cards in my stash and I often use them as embellishments on my 12x12 layouts rather than pocket fillers. So, in honor of the challenge, I thought it would be fun to show you how I altered two Project Life cards + incorporated a third onto the layout above.


Basically, I pulled out my scissors and got busy slicing and trimming. 

→ I loved the 3x4 die cut with the X's and O's on it, but I sliced it in half and adhered it so that it was peeking out from beneath my cluster … that way, it looked like patterned paper rather than a small pocket card!
→ I had another Project Life card that had a tag on it with a gold foil heart. The tag didn't do anything for me, but I loved that heart so I carefully cut it out. I then adhered it to my layout using 3D foam squares, making it appear to be a proper embellie.
→ Last, but certainly not least, I incorporated a 4x6 Project Life journaling card into the cluster of patterned papers.


I hope I've inspired you to dig through your own Project Life cards and alter them to suit your projects. Now, let's get back to dancing, shall we?! ;)

6 comments :

  1. wow, great!! if this is the first I cant' wait to see the next ones!!
    Kisses
    francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that layout - perfection. I have that same set of cards, I'll have to get them out and play. But you've set the bar pretty high. Did I mention I love that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so cool :) Glad to see you scrappin again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous page and that background paper is one of my faves of recent months. Nice use of those PL cards which I cannot resist but hardly ever use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever ideas Stephanie. I must revisit my P/L cards that I keep avoiding for similar ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you found your mojo :-)
    Oh, yes - indeed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo