Monday, April 20, 2015

I've Got A Crush …. (+ A Project Life Spread To Share)

Hello everyone & a very happy Monday to you!  Chances are, you've stopped by my blog today on your way through the Scrap Crush blog hop from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge …. if so, welcome! If not, you should probably head on over here to start the hop from the very beginning. All of us have scrap crushes …. people whose creative style we covet; blogs we visit regularly for a daily dose of inspiration … and the Counterfeit Kit team is here to show you how to pull inspiration from those swoon-worthy scrappers and apply it to your own layouts.

So, let's get started … 

My creative crush is actually a bit of a scrapbook celebrity. She has her own line of products, teaches classes and has partnered with some of the biggest brands and manufacturers in the industry. She's always on point when it comes to the latest trends and her style is colorful, contemporary and very photo-centric. She doesn't use a lot of embellishments, preferring instead to spruce up her projects with stamps and small stickers like label tabs. She frequently journals directly onto her photos (*gasp*) and slices them up to slide into smaller pockets. While she does make 12x12 layouts, what she really excels at is Project Life-style pocket scrapbooking and mini albums.

Here's the Project Life spread I came up with, inspired by my crush … 


I wanted to document my thoughts + feelings on the Charlie Hebdo shooting that took place back in January (…yes, I have fallen way behind on my Project Life and have lots of catching up to do!) My scrap crush keeps her PL spreads fairly simple, with just a sprinkling of stylish, trendy accents. I tried to follow that model on my own spread and used only 4 embellishments - the gold doily, flair badge, letter stickers and flower sticker. I didn't have the guts to journal directly onto my photos, but I did manage to find a photo with words already in it. That photo of the Eiffel Tower was originally a 4x6 portrait photo and I sliced it down so it could fit into the 3x4 pocket.

Any ideas who my scrap crush is?! Leave your guesses in the comments below! You can visit the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog tomorrow, April 21st, to see if you guessed correctly!


Next up on the hop is Susanne 
Be sure to swing by her blog to see who she is crushing on :) 

11 comments :

  1. A perfect PL page in the style of X! Great job on really identifying what she does so well and incorporating that into your own style. A wonderful PL page for your album reflecting not only the news of the moment, but also the latest PL trends - as you say, your Scrap Crush is so ON trend all the time. She's a new Crush of mine to be honest - loving what I see.

    Thanks so much for playing along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Tan or Ali Edwards...I'm going to guess Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy Tan . Pocket scrapbooking, small embellishments, journaling on photos and her own line of products (which I think you may have used here). I have two other guesses that your layout reminds me of, but I ha pie to choose one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali Edwards? That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Ali, too, from your description, although I think I personally prefer the next level of interest on yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous! I think I heard who you were crushing over so I won't spill the beans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first thought was Ali Edwards but now I'm thinking maybe Kelly Purkey so I'm going to go with Kelly. No matter who your inspiration is, I really like your PL spread - the photos definitely drew my attention first but your embellishments are a lovely support to them; especially like the pocket with the gold doily and flair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing Amy Tan since I know you like her work. Your layout reflects her style.If it is someone else then they have talent as well. Love everything about your page, the colours, the embellies. It looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was sooooooo close! Good choice just went for the wrong half of the duo as I have seen them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo