Thursday, April 16, 2015

Inspired by Spring - Counterfeit Kit Challenge #3

Have you all had a chance to take a look at some of the challenges up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog site this month? If not, you should definitely pull your kit out and start playing along. Not only are the challenges fantastic but the team has been sharing some *amazing* projects. Inspiration overload.

Today, the 3rd challenge of the month has gone live. For this challenge, the team was asked to be inspired by spring. Easy peasy for me, since I live in a part of the world where springtime is absolutely glorious. Don't believe me? Just take a peek at some of my recent Instagram photos …


When I think of spring, I immediately think of two things: flowers and pink cherry blossoms!! Since the challenge was to draw inspiration from the season, I decided to incorporate florals and the color pink onto my layout.


I'm not a huge fan of layered flowers from manufacturers like Prima and Petaloo … I find them a little too bulky for my projects. So, instead, I went through my stash and found this pretty paper from Amy Tangerine's Stitched collection. I fussy cut some of the flowers and then layered my photo and a cluster of embellishments on top. My April Counterfeit kit, Feel The Light, didn't have any pink in it - *gasp!* - so I had to improvise. I used hot pink acrylic paint to add a hint of color to my white chipboard letter stickers and scattered some droplets across the page.


Ok, now it's your turn - how does spring inspire you?! Be sure to let me know in the comments down below & share your creations with us over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog!

5 comments :

  1. Fantastic photos Stephanie. Do I see Stanley Park there? Your layout has captured Spring beautifully. I love those bright pink blobs and the way you've rubbed it over the alphas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you added the pink to your chipboard letters - it looks great! Thanks for sharing your spring photos and your lovely layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers you used are so pretty and the pink dots are perfect. Beautiful Spring photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring, indeed! I think the pink was a must :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your page. And I'm the same with flowers. I bought a pile when I started scrapping and still have a pile or two!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo