Sunday, February 1, 2015

Explore Simplicity - A Counterfeit Kit

Hello everyone & Happy February 1st! If you're stopping by my blog today on your way through the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop - welcome! You should have arrived here after visiting Julene's blog but if you're just joining us now you can head on over here to start from the very beginning!

Here is the kit we chose to be inspired by this month … 


Across The Miles, from the Scrapbook.com Kit Club 

The first thing that jumped out at me was the gold foil map vellum from Chic Tags. I have that sheet of vellum in my stash and have been longing to use it. I was also inspired by the label tags, the smaller alphas and the patterned paper with the clouds on it. Here is the counterfeit kit that I came up with …


I'm calling this kit Explore Simplicity because the notion of keeping things simple and getting back to basics has been on my heart lately, both in terms of scrapping and also life in general. This month "simplifying the process" meant not making my usual reveal video … but I hope you'll enjoy these close-up shots of the kit instead.


Next up on the hop is Jemma 
Be sure to swing by her blog to see how she was inspired by the original kit! 

19 comments :

  1. Oooo, what a lovely kit! And I am SO jealous that you have the map vellum! Can't find it anywhere over here :-( Your kit is wonderful and I know that I could use it to the last scrap. You have such a knack for pulling together lots of gorgeous product and make it look so good and I can't wait to see what you make. You are very inspirational ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful kit that I could have hours of fun with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, I see lots of bright spots in this kit. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fortuitous to have the definitive piece of the original kit to build around. I appreciate your reveal videos and the extra time it takes, but I know too well, that sometimes one has to take a step back. Looking forward to your "simplified" layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, fabulous kit! Our kits are very similar-love that you photographed it like the inspiration kit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your videos, but your fabulous photos work just as well. Glad you made the decision to do what makes it simple and enjoyable for you. Looking forward to how you use that map paper...if you can bear to actually use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kit :) I love the Alphas you pulled and inspired to add more to my kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kit made me drool. I love all the elements.Enjoy using your wonderful kit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lovely bright colors of your kit!! I love all the embellishments you've added in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh seeing that gold map vellum on the counterfeit blog is the first time I've ever seen it - and you have it you lucky thing! Its just sooooo stunning! I'd love to get me some of that! Love your kits - fabulous to play in I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful kit - that vellum is stunning! Love the collage close-up shots (better for a time-pressed reader than a video too)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great title! Love your colorful version with the pinks! So pretty. Looking forward to seeing how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great kit Stephanie! You always have the best embellies to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful kit with such wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your kit! I cannot wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful kit, the vellum I piece is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing your layouts.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think we could all simplify our lives a little these days. Your kit looks lovely and I know you'll enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo