Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Project Life 2015 - Week One / Introduction

Hi everyone! I'm home from a trip to Las Vegas and had such a wonderful time. It's hard to believe that we're already six days into 2015 … why do I have the feeling this year is going to zoom right on by?

As I explained in a previous post (right here), I've decided to try my hand at Project Life this year. I tend to fail miserably at long-term, ongoing crafty projects so I have no idea how long I'll last … but I love the idea of a full year documented, from start to finish. Here are the first two spreads I made, using my January Counterfeit Kit. Although they appear side-by-side here, in my album they are actually front-to-back.


The photos were taken in December, just after Christmas. My mom was here visiting for the holidays, so I had her snap a few pictures of Alan and I … we hardly ever get photos taken of the both of us, so I made sure to grab the opportunity while I had the chance.


This particular Project Life spread is an "intro" spread of sorts, simply documenting the start of a new year. The 3x4 cards I chose all have sentiments that I feel represent our overall attitude as we begin 2015. Some of them I stamped onto the cards myself and others came printed with the sentiments already on them.

"life always offers a second chance, it's called tomorrow"
"the best is yet to come" 
"keep moving forward"
"never say never"
"new beginning // fresh start"
"life is good"
"today I'm excited about everything"


I hope your 2015 is off to a great start! Be sure to swing by the blog again soon as I'll be sharing a layout featuring my goals and resolutions for 2015. And don't forget - if one of your goals for 2015 is to start a blog or improve your existing blog, I wrote a whole post with tips and ideas right here :)

10 comments :

  1. cute title page! excited to follow along with your pl journey this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the start of your album!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to your album!! I'm going to make another attempt at a pocket page style album this year - one for my mom - so I'll be sure to check in for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting some Project Life this year too. So, I love when I see pages that catch my eye as to how I might approach my [ages. Your's is terrific. It tells a story and stays unbusy. The colors and balance are great. Thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice start to the new year Stephanie :) I like how you are starting off your pages too. It'll be fun watching you on your journey this year in PL and I so wish you well with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your PL recordkeeping is off to a great start - continued good luck with it - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really must bookmark your blog tips post. I need something serious to spruce mine up right now. Great start to your PL year. I really want to start but just don't really know how! I guess I should just jump in. You make it look so easy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo