Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bright Ideas - A Counterfeit Kit

Happy New Year everybody! It's a new year, but it's also a brand new month - and that means there's a new kit to counterfeit! After taking a break over the Christmas holidays, the Counterfeit Kit Challenge team is back with a new kit to inspire you. This month, we were asked to use the December 2014 kits over at Hip Kits as inspiration.

Now, confession time …. for the first time in my counterfeiting history I actually own *ALL* of the papers featured in the real kit!! True story. The Heidi Swapp September Skies papers were included in my December kit from Clique Kits and the Amy Tangerine Stitched papers are in the January kit from Clique Kits. I debated whether I should just pull all the original items together and create a kit almost identical to the one shown above but, in the end, I decided to dig a little deeper into my stash.

Here's a peek of the counterfeit kit I came up with …


I'm calling this kit Bright Ideas. I was inspired by the color palette - blues, black, grey and gold with subtle splashes of pink. As always, you can view the full kit in the video below …


If you're inspired to create your own kit and play along with our challenges this month, be sure to do the full blog hop as each team member showcases her take on the Hip Kit. Your next stop on the hop is Jemma's blog.

New to the whole idea of creating a counterfeit kit? Then head on over to the CKC blog (which just got a new makeover, by the way!) to read more about how it all works and how you can join in the fun!

15 comments :

  1. Oooo, looks good Stephanie - love all the pink touches I spied in there. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. I love all those stickers you've put together there, and the journal cards. Have fun with it, and be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one great kit that you were able to put together. Love all your puffy's! Enjoy! I look forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How FUN that you had all the products but created a unique kit anyway! Nice kit & counterfeit! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a trooper - "forged" ahead & made it your own, hehe! Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous kit Stephanie. I would have been tempted to use the originals.Enjoy using it .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree you are a trooper :) I don't know if I could have forged it if I had the kit :) Love your paper choices and your embellies choices are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kit is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiration, forging a kit anyway. Love the paper choices.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kits are so amazing. And you should take extra credit for forging when you didn't need to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kit is absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha ha! funny! Your kit is a stunner though and one I'd be picking up for sure if I saw it for sale somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous kit, your embellies, well I'm very jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo