Monday, December 22, 2014

And Then There Were Pockets ...

One of my crafty goals for 2015 is to try my hand at Project Life. I've dabbled in pocket scrapbooking on and off but this year I really want to make a valiant effort to document an entire year from start to finish. 
When it comes to long-term, on-going crafty projects I tend to be an epic failure. I have so many mini albums piled up in my closet, all of them incomplete. I've been reading up on Project Life, trying to compile a mental list of do's and don'ts, and the one piece of advice that all the "veterans" seem to offer is to begin with some sort of a plan. So, without further ado, here's how I plan for documenting life in 2015.


SIZE |  I will be using this 12x12 binder from Heidi Swapp. My husband actually chose it; I pulled out a bunch of empty albums and that was the deign he thought was the best. As much as I love the idea of working with a smaller album (like 6x8 or 8.5x11) I know that 12x12 is the most practical size for me. It also means I'll be able to include 12x12 layouts as part of my Project Life and that's important to me. I love traditional scrapbooking & have no plans to stop anytime soon!

PAGE PROTECTORS | I'll be using a variety of page protectors. One of the great things about using a 3-ring binder album is that you can mix and match … so, I'll have some 12x12 page protectors, some 8x11, some 6x12.


SUPPLIES | Here's another reason to do Project Life - it's a wonderful way to use up scraps of paper and smaller embellishments that might get "lost" on a larger layout. I will be using products from my stash of supplies, as well as my monthly Clique Kits. I did treat myself to the Elle's Studio 3x4 calendar tags which I'll be using each month. I've also gone ahead and chosen a handful of stamps with simple, everyday sentiments that I think will be perfect for sprucing up some journaling cards.


FORMAT | I am going to try my hardest to create a spread each week with photos, journaling and embellished pocket cards. That said, I'm also going to give myself permission to document a little bit less if a week is really uneventful. I am determined to include at least one photo a week, though.

VOICE | I don't want to document my life in 2015, I want to document our life. It's very important to me that my husband's voice be heard and his interests be reflected throughout the album. I plan to accomplish this by including photos from his Instagram account and getting him to fill out some bullet point journaling cards (watching/eating/reading, etc)

Here's a peek of the opening Project Life 2015 spread I've been busy working on … 


Do you do Project Life? Are you inspired to give it a shot in 2015? If so, be sure to share some of your plans in the comments below - or, if you wrote a post similar to mine, link it up! I'd love to hear how you're planning to document life next year.

3 comments :

  1. Looks like it will be fun.Good luck with it and enjoy yourself Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! i love project life and i can't wait to see what fun things you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not done project life. Well I TRIED to do it last year but the larger album size is just not for my life. I need to work on a smaller scale. So I think I will try again this year :) Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo