Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Clique Kits Blog Share - Masquerade Ball

It's blog share day!!! Hip hip hooray! I can't believe we are already nearing the end of October ... this year is just flying by! Today is the Clique Kits Pep Rally - a blog hop where both design team members and the Clique subscribers get to show off the layouts + projects they've made with the monthly kit. 

The October kit was called Masquerade Ball and it was loaded with goodies from the amazing Second City collection by Kelly Purkey and Basic Grey. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you're well aware that I am just a tad bit obsessed with Kelly Purkey. When I opened my box and saw all the Second City products, I let out quite the squeal. 

Every month the pep rally has a theme and this month's theme is a quote from LM Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables … "I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." The challenge was to create a project that showcased what we love about October. I love autumn and October is one of my favorite months, right up there after December. I love pumpkin spice lattes (well, pumpkin everything, really) and wearing cozy layers and Thanksgiving (us Canadians celebrate it in early October) and the leaves changing colors … the list goes on and on. 

That said, when I started playing around with the kit I knew it was *perfect* for documenting my San Francisco photos. My husband and I went to San Francisco to celebrate our second wedding anniversary and we decided to splurge and get a room at the Fairmont. We arrived at the hotel just before midnight and when we tried to check in we were told that they had accidentally overbooked the hotel. They ended up giving us a complimentary upgrade to their penthouse suite!! This photo was taken on the private outdoor terrace of the penthouse, right around midnight. It was such an amazing experience … truly, a once-in-a-lifetime moment. 


Everything used to create this layout is from the Masquerade Ball kit, except for that "Bright Lights, Big City" chipboard square which I purchased separately. If you're interested in seeing other projects I've made using this kit, check out this post and this one.

For even more Masquerade Ball inspiration, be sure to do the full blog hop as each lady will be revealing projects made with the kit. Here's the line up from start to finish …

Stephanie <-- you're here

17 comments :

  1. Pretty LO! That photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout and what a great surprise and view Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek LOVE San Francisco and love what you've created with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture! The papers and embellishments are perfect for it! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout! I love how you framed out the image area and left the rest of the space open! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect photo for this kit and Kelly Purkey's collection! Clique Kits is so blessed to have you as a subbie AND a DT member! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Stephanie! The papers are perfect for the photo and you showcased the kit so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lucky trip you had, great view from the hotel room!. You made a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect layout to highlight that breathtaking picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the layering in your layout and WHOOP WHOOP for getting that upgrade girl! FAB anniversary trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic layout, I love this original color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your layout! You really rocked those letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Stephanie! This is awesome! The picture is stunning and I love how you layered the black cardstock and all the other layers!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo