Monday, September 1, 2014

September Counterfeit Kit - Chapter One

Hi everyone and happy 1st of September! I don't know about you but I am super excited to say goodbye to summer and welcome autumn. I know that technically fall doesn't start until later this month but it's always a treat to turn the calendar from August to September …. it just feels like a fresh start and a new beginning. I guess the student in me is still very much alive and well :)

Chances are, you're stopping by my blog today on your way through the Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop. You should have landed here after visiting Julene's blog. I don't know if I ever got around to posting about this but Julene and I actually got to meet in person this past summer!! She was the first "blogger friend" that I've gotten to meet in person, face-to-face, and it was such a treat. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing this picture with you all …


Now, I have quite a few new blog followers (hello! welcome!) so just in case anyone's not sure what this whole Counterfeit Kit thing is all about, here's a brief summary …. the CKC blog is a site devoted to helping you use up your stash of supplies. Every month we provide inspiration on how to pull together your own personal kit using goodies you already have lying around. We then challenge you throughout the month to help you use those supplies. It's lots of fun and it has really helped me put a good dent in my stash, thus allowing me to buy new products *cough* Clique Kits *cough* without feeling guilty about it.

Here's a peek at my September kit which I'm calling Chapter One … 


As always, you can view the entire kit my video below. I'm doing trying something different this month so the first half of my video is set to music (Brooke Fraser's Love is Waiting) and the second half is me talking through the process of pulling the kit together. Feel free to skip that part if you're short on time :) 


Next up on the Counterfeit Kit reveal is Jemma. Head on over to her blog to see what she'll be creating with this month or go here to start the hop from the very beginning. Happy hopping!

PS - Be sure to swing back by my blog later today for a few special announcements including a new design team journey and the reason why I'm calling this month's counterfeit kit Chapter One! 

12 comments :

  1. Very interesting kit - you've given the neutrals a strong supporting role to the teal. Very nice! Scrap on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the geometric patterns in your gorgeous kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved watching you talk through your kit.
    Thanks for the heads up about adding some stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun products in your kit - im excited to see what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute kit I loved the video and like the way you go about it. Fun to see that Midway one make into you kit, I have the same piece but didn't even think to add it. Lots of fun embellishments and I like how you added one just cause you liked it, looking forward to seeing what you create with this fun kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fun goodies to use! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome that you got to meet Julene!! Awesome choice to showcase the lighter colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That photo brings back happy memories. Love the colours you have chosen and the Oct. Aft. clouds are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a FUN kit! I've met up with two blog friends this past year - so much FUN, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful kit, love the pattern in your kit.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving those little pennant embellies and the sun kissed badge is absolutely fabulous. Thanks for the video showing us your process. So neat to get an inside peek.

    ReplyDelete
  12. isn't it FAB when you get to meet an internet friend!?! I'm so thrilled that you and Julene got to meet and you can be sure I'll be looking you up if I get over to your neck of the woods. It was SO special for me when I got to go to NYC to see my wonderfully delightful scrappy friend. Your kit looks great... And yes, I LOVE autumn and am so happy that it's arrived at last! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo