Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's October - Let's Get Our Scrap On! What I'm Playing With This Month …

Hello there and welcome to my favorite month of the entire year … October! I'm going to try and keep this post short and sweet and jump right in to showing you the amazing scrappy products I plan to use this month - namely, my October Clique Kit (Masquerade Ball) and my homemade Counterfeit Kits (Both Sides Now). 

Chances are, if you stumbled across my blog today you are hopping your way through the Counterfeit Kit reveal blog hop. You should have arrived here after visiting Susanne's blog but, in case you didn't, you can head back here to start from the very beginning. 

Each month, the Counterfeit team draws inspiration from a "real-life" kit and creates a homemade, counterfeit version using products that have been sitting in our stash of supplies for awhile. Usually, I create a full kit loaded with papers and embellishments but this month I've decided to try something different. I created two small page kits, each designed to be used to create specific layouts. I'm calling the kits Both Sides Now, after one of my favorite songs by Joni Mitchell. 

For my first counterfeit page kit, I was inspired by the black & white polka dot paper seen in the real kit. I pulled out the only polka dot paper I had in my stash and built the page kit around that, using colorful embellishments to add a fun, festive feel. 

For my second counterfeit page kit, I drew inspiration from the polaroid frames, bows and floral patterned paper seen in the original kit. This one has a more traditional autumn feel to it, and I'm looking forward to creating a Thanksgiving layout with this.


The other kit I'll be working with this month is my monthly Clique Kit. This month the kit is called Masquerade Ball and it's full of amazing papers and embellishments from Kelly Purkey's collection with Basic Grey. I am absolutely *in love* with this kit! You can watch the full reveal in the video below … 


I would really love to see what you are all planning to work with this month! If you're participating in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge be sure to link up your kits over on the Mister Linky page. For my fellow Clique Kit subscribers (or anyone interested in getting more information + inspiration from the Clique) be sure to visit their blog throughout the month for amazing projects and ideas!

7 comments :

  1. A great kit, love the wooden chevrons and the flair is fab - enjoy playing with your fun kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you do with your counterfeit page kits, especially that second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the packages look fabulous and they should be great fun to use. Your kit on video will be great to use too. Never tasted pumpkin latte..........might have to return to Canada in October one year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever take to make the inspiration work for you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun creating! Fun way to kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the page kits you put together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo