Friday, August 22, 2014

#CUPCAKE - A Counterfeit Layout

Hello everyone & Happy Friday!

I'm popping in today to share a layout I made using my August Counterfeit kit, Wishful Thinking.

Last week my photos from our San Francisco trip finally arrived from the Persnickety Prints headquarters. I took over a hundred photos and can't wait to scrapbook all of them but this one - a photo of me stuffing a cupcake in my mouth at Miette Bakery - jumped out right away. I knew it would be a perfect match with the fun, whimsical papers in my kit. Here's the layout I made …

This is a true counterfeit layout in every sense of the word because it involved a bit of "scrap-lifting". I was inspired by this layout by the amazingly talented Geralyn Sy. I love Geralyn's style and often find myself perusing her blog when I'm in need of scrappy inspiration. I loved the idea of having a cluster of  small embellishments and layers surrounding a square photo - I'm not usually a white space kinda girl but I think it really works on this layout, given the busyness of the upper half.  

Here are two close-up shots of the layers …

And, just in case you want to see how it all came together, I made a process video to share ...



If you're a fan of the puffy conversation stickers or the circle tag I used in the layout today is your lucky day! 

From now until Monday, August 25th all Evalicious puffy stickers and all journaling tags in the shop qualify for FREE SHIPPING to Canada and the United States. *Free shipping offer applies to orders that contain only journaling tags and/or Evalicious puffy stickers. Orders with other products ship at regular rates.* Please email me at stephanie@skylinepaperie.com to set up your order.

9 comments :

  1. So cute! Love the photo and those pretty embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is adorable and I love watching the process video! I really need to figure out how to make one of those! Lol technology is not my friend though! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a simply lovely layout. all those layers are so pretty and the video is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this-lovely messy stack, and that sequin patterned paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable layout :) The whole thing looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun photo. Your sprinkling of elements certainly conveys the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great photo and layout, Stephanie! I just love all of your layouts-you have such a great eye for details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous page - love the simplicity and the layering :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo