Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Clique Kits Blog Share - Wild & Free

Hello everyone & welcome to the Clique Kits Pep Rally - a blog hop where both design team members and the Clique subscribers get to show off the layouts + projects they've made with the monthly kit. The August kit was called Glam Camp and it featured products from the Ashbury Heights collection by My Mind's Eye. I absolutely *LOVED* this kit. The colors, the patterns, the burlap bows and gold doilies were all right up my alley!

Every month the pep rally has a theme/challenge and this month the theme is Wild and Free. I am very fortunate to call beautiful British Columbia, Canada my home. I grew up on the east coast and moved here almost five years ago and, trust me when I say, it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet. We have glorious mountains, incredible temperate rainforests and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. I'm not a particularly outdoorsy person but even I can appreciate the beauty that surrounds me on a daily basis. Needless to say, I have a lot of pretty scenery photos. When I heard "wild and free" the first thing that came to mind was nature and beautiful landscapes, so I decided to put one of those scenery photos to good use.

Here's the layout I made for the blog share using the Glam Camp goodies (the Thickers were from my stash but everything else is from the kit).
I created the star background by running one of the patterned papers through my Silhouette machine. I thought the stars would add a whimsical, dreamy touch to the layout. This photo was taken at the beach at sunset … the sky looked like an ice-cream cone with shades of pink and blue and orange all blended together. It was truly breathtaking.


For more Glam Camp inspiration, be sure to do the full blog hop as each lady will be revealing projects made using the kit. Also, if you follow the Clique Kits blog, "like" them on Facebook and leave comments on each blog hop post you'll be entered to win a $10 credit to the Clique Kits store.

Here's the line up from start to finish …

Stephanie (you are here)


14 comments :

  1. Stephanie your layout is gorgeous! I love the layering you did and the stars really are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful, Stephanie!! And stunning picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stars Stephanie! That photo really is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of your layout, yet there is still so much fabulousness going on!!! It really allows you to focus on the absolutely GORGEOUS photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do live in a beautiful place- love how the spectacular photo is center stage on such a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it!! I love the simplicity of this layout! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scene is so pretty I want to cry! Thanks for sharing your fantastic layout! LOVE how the lovely kit set off your fabulous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this Stephanie! That photo is AMAZING beautiful!!!! And I love how you played up the greens in the kit. It really gives the kit a different feeling. Love it. Fantastic work and thanks for participating this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, your layout is absolutely beautiful!! I love your pic and all of the elements that you shared to create your project. 'Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd live over there in a minute if i could! I'm most envious and what a stunning photo. I love where I live, but Canada has my heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. First if all, that photo is amazing!! And second, you totally nailed this ;) I love all the layers combined with the white space & how you utilized the gold stars! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great LO I love how calming it is even with all the patterned paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my stars this is gorgeous!! I love the layout I love the picture everything about this screams beautiful great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo