Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Books & {Green} Tea - A Layout Made With August's Clique Kit

Happy Wednesday everyone! First of all, thanks so much to everyone who jumped in and participated in my Flashback Friday last week. I loved seeing your layouts and projects! If you haven't linked up an old project yet there are still a few hours left before the link-up closes … and, if by the time you read this reminder it's already closed, I promise there will be another one sometime soon.

I haven't scrapbooked much in the last week but today was a cold, rainy day and I disappeared into my scrap room with a cup of tea. I was lacking inspiration so I decided it would be fun to work with this new sketch from Life Paper Scrapbook ...


The first thing I had to do was alter the sketch to accommodate an 8.5x11 size layout. That wasn't hard, since the sketch is pretty linear. I began by replacing the two 4x6 photos with one smaller photo (4x4) and a journaling card (3x4). I also decided to go with a cluster of small embellishments (enamel dots and flair) rather than three large circles in the right-hand corner. Here's what I ended up with ….


As you can see, the title was replaced with a gorgeous burlap bow. Everything used to create this page (except for the journaling card and the gold arrow) are from the August 2014 Clique Kits kit, Glam Camp. The kit is loaded with goodies from the Ashbury Heights collection by My Mind's Eye and I'm more than a little obsessed with it!

Here are a few close-ups of the layout … 


"You can never find a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me," said CS Lewis and I couldn't agree more. I am a big reader and lately always seem to have a book on the go. 

I'm thinking this layout will be one half of a two page spread, with the second page being a tribute to my favorite books. I'm currently reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult and, so far, it's a beautiful story of forgiveness. I'd recommend checking out it.

Which reminds me - what are some of your favorite books? Do share in the comments below, I'd love to know!

5 comments :

  1. This is a fab layout Stephanie! I love those bows too! I have too many favourite books to count, but I just read "Waking up in Heaven" and it was very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post and layout! I love that quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Steph! Love the big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not reading at the moment which makes me a bit sad. But my all time favourite is Gone with the Wind. Never fails to lift my spirits and keep me going for a long time as it's such a big book! What a gorgeous laoyut and I especially like that flair. You have such a lovely style Stephanie - always lovely to see what you are creating

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely layout. I like the colors and the bow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo