Friday, August 1, 2014

August Counterfeit Kit - Wishful Thinking

Wow - my first post in 14 days!! Two full weeks!! That's the longest blogging break I've taken since I launched Skyline Paperie seventeen months years ago and it was very much needed. I admit, I was tired … physically, emotionally, spiritually. My creative mojo was nowhere to be found and all I really wanted to do was curl up under a tree with a good novel and a glass of ice-cold water. So that's exactly what I did! I took a little vacation from blogging and scrapbooking … but now I'm back, with a new Counterfeit Kit to reveal! Yay!

[[ First things first - if you're doing the full Counterfeit blog hop (and you should) then chances are you landed here after visiting Sherri's blog. If you're not sure what this whole Counterfeit Kit thing is all about you can head over here to start from the beginning. ]]

This month, the team is using the Penny Arcade kits by Studio Calico as our inspiration.  


Usually when I pull my counterfeit kit together I start with a product or two from the "real" kit that I already have in my stash. It gives me a good excuse to dig out products that I've forgotten about and put them to good use. I couldn't do that with the Penny Arcade kits, though, because I didn't have any of the products featured. Not a button, not a gold doily … nothing, nada. The Fortune Teller add-on kit featured bokeh patterned paper, a sheet with days of the week on it and woodgrain alphas. I had similar products in my stash (not identical, but close enough) so I pulled them out and began to build my kit. The end result was a counterfeit kit that looks absolutely nothing like the real kit … but that's okay. I'm in love with it anyway and can't wait to dig in. Ladies and gents, may I present Wishful Thinking


Unfortunately I haven't got a video to share this month. Time just got away from me (that's what happens when you're in vacation mode) and I wasn't able to get my film edited and uploaded by the reveal deadline. Hopefully these photos have inspired you to go through your stash and find similar items to create your own version of the Fortune Teller kit.

Next up on our hop is Lesley G … head over to her blog to see her version of the kit & be sure to tell her I said hello :)

18 comments :

  1. Welcome back - I just know that your Counterfeit kit is going to help your mojo - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your break in San Francisco has inspired you to scrap more. This wonderful kit should do the trick, it looks lovely Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kit and glad to have you back - "hello" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like what you have pulled together here. And welcome back from your well-deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute kit :) I agree with you in the resting there are times when it is needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation of the inspiration kit. Have been on hiatus also, and excited to get back to craftyness. Hope your mojo is waiting for you at the end of that novel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do look forward to your videos, but totally understand how life can get in the way. Your photo presentation is just as inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your kits because your "old" stuff is new to me!
    Lots of wonderful pretties in this kit that I know you will do magic with.
    Like scrapping some SF photos? Enjoy your return to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kit looks gorgeous! Love your pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful kit, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kit Stephanie! I don't have much in my stash that resembles this month kit, but I'm going to put something together. I love how you were inspired by this months choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a wonderful kit Stephanie! And I love how you were first inspired by the SC kit then went off on your own tangent to use up forgotten products...that's what its all about!! Pretty cool stuff in your kit to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning kit as usual. looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful kit! love the papers and embellies you put in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh but your kit is SO beautiful!! I love that you didn't have anything in your stash in the original but made such a fab kit from your stash. Me? I actually own the Penny Arcade kit and haven't used it all yet. I'll have to build it up but YAY...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful kit, love your starting point and it came together beautifully.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous kit. Hope the mojo is back & you have lots of fun with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear that your time out did the trick. Your kit is gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo