Friday, July 4, 2014

Something New ...


As I mentioned in my post last week, I used Two Peas in a Bucket's gallery as my online portfolio of sorts. I had all my work uploaded there and with the store's impending closure I began the long, tedious task of making sure I had all my images saved and ready to upload somewhere new. Part of that process involved going back and re-reading old blog posts. I realized that some of my posts, especially the ones I wrote when I first began blogging last year, had very few comments or no comments at all. It made me a little sad because some of those projects are favorites of mine … I just didn't have any readers back then! And, so, an idea was born.

I'm excited to present Flashback Fridays. You've heard of Throwback Thursdays where people post old photos on Instagram and Facebook? Well, this is a similar idea except we'll be showcasing older blog posts that didn't get the love and attention we felt they deserved.

The rules are simple … link up one of your old blog posts and then comment on the posts that others link up. Easy peasy. And, just so we're all on the same page, by "old" I mean a post that was written 30 or more days ago. 

I'm not sure if this will be a weekly fixture here on my blog, but I'll try to host a Flashback Friday at least twice each month. Here's a peek of the layout I've chosen for my first Flashback Friday. You can view the full layout and coordinating blog post right here.


Now it's your turn. Link up your older blog posts below & be sure to visit everyone else's flashbacks too.  

3 comments :

  1. Great idea. I'll see if I can link up later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Love it! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog through Counterfeit Kit.
    Love your work.
    Very inspiring. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo