Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer School - Week One

Hi Everyone! Today marks the official kickoff week of the Clique Kits summer school. The Clique ladies put together an incredible kit full of goodness from the Good Day Sunshine line from Simple Stories. That kit is now sold out but I believe there's still time to purchase the workshop (here). It's only $15 and that price includes access to all materials, downloads and lesson plans. I've had a peek at the class syllabus and it's full of inspiring ideas and great tutorials to help you document your summer - head on over and sign up, it would be *so* great to have you join us!!

My plan is to share pages and update you on my progress each week - I do have some travels coming up and life has this tendency to get super busy in the days leading up to a trip, but I'll try my best to stay updated.  Today I'm going to share the first few layouts I've made for my album. I am using a teal 6x8 faux leather album from Simple Stories to house my summer pages.



On the left is my album's cover page and on the right is an introduction. I've blurred out the words because it's kind of personal but, basically, it talks about how this is likely the last summer that my husband and I will be a family of two. We've been married almost two years now and baby fever has hit us hard … we know that this time next year we will either be pregnant, the parents of a newborn or knee-deep in the process of adoption. The journaling in the introduction talks about how we want to enjoy this last summer of "just us" and take advantage of the spontaneity + freedom our current lifestyle offers us. 

Lesson #1 of Summer School was all about watercolors and I couldn't wait to put what I learned to use. I ended up making the last page of my album, which I will fill out at the end of the summer. 


.. and here's a close-up of the watercolor technique …


I hope you enjoyed this first peek into my Summer 2014 album! If you're already signed up for the workshop please let me know in the comments below so I can be sure to follow your blog - I would love to see your pages! If you're not signed up yet be sure to head on over and purchase the workshop so you don't miss any of the fun!

Products Used:

6 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a blog set up but I am part of the workshop and I just wanted to say I love your cover page! The watercolor looks awesome too. Can't wait to see your album come together. :)

    And I'm on my phone and the comment didn't seem to post and then it did and... Sorry. Here it is again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW so so awesome!! Very inspiring! Love all the details and layers! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie your pages are beautiful! I love that you included an introduction page and also love that you used the some watercolors from lesson 1! So excited to have you in The Clique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely. So very pretty. Good luck with your plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo