Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Our Honeymoon Album - Part One

Last month I managed to scrapbook the remaining photos of my July 2012 wedding, thus completing my wedding album. *Cue the Hallelujah chorus* Now that the wedding photos are behind me, I've moved on to documenting our honeymoon. My goal is to have our entire honeymoon (200+ photos) scrapbooked by the end of August while simultaneously working on my 6x8 summer album and keeping up with various design team obligations. Ambitious? Yes, but not impossible. I'll be sharing my process with you here on the blog and hopefully you'll be inspired to finish up (or, perhaps, begin) an album that's been sitting around collecting dust. 

We went on an Alaskan Disney cruise for our honeymoon and it was perfection. The gift shop actually sold 12x12 scrapbook albums and you can bet your bottom dollar that I brought one home with me. I'm embarrassed to admit that it sat empty at the back of my closet for almost a full two years. When I saw the Ahoy There collection from Carta Bella, I knew it was the *perfect* line to document our honeymoon cruise. I pre-ordered the collection pack and when it arrived earlier this month I got right to work. 


That's my first tip for completing an album in a pinch - find a collection you love that coordinates well with the photos and use it. Sure, you can mix in pieces from other lines as well, but having one collection as your album's backbone will speed up the process so much! My next tip is to make good use of sketches. Print off a whole bunch that you love or pin a bunch to Pinterest to help get your creative juices flowing. 

For my first honeymoon layout, I decided to use this sketch from Life Paper Scrapbook … 


Here's the page I came up …


I don't usually do two page layouts but I decided to give it a go for a change and I really like how it turned out. Here's what the pages look like side-by-side in my album … (the layout on the left was inspired by a sketch over at Scrapbook Challenges)


Paper Issues is hosting an "In The Navy" themed challenge and I thought these pages fit (I mean, we are on a ship after all!), so I'm linking them up over there. 

I hope this post has inspired you to get to work on whichever projects you've been procrastinating on! No better time than the present to get 'em done :) 

Products Used

4 comments :

  1. LOVE your layouts and the great collection you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose such a great collection for this. Good luck on the project. I've been married coming up to eleven years now and my formal wedding photo album is still unfinished so good for you! I will be keeping your tips in mind as when I can get hold if my photos again out of my dead computer, I want to get on with scrapping my NYC adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the Wedding album :) I agree with Lisa you picked out a fantastic kit for this project and thanks for the tip on the paper collection I will take this and run with for an album that I want to make over the summer. Looking forward to seeing more of the album :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Your layout! Thank you for paying with us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo