Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Counterfeit Kit - Urban Spring

Hellllloooooooo there May!!!! Where oh where have you been all year?!  :)

May is a very special month for me because it's my birthday month. My birthday is *tomorrow* and I am so excited! I don't have anything spectacular planned, just dinner and a movie with my hubs, but a little birdie told me cupcakes might be involved & that makes my heart happy! May is also a special month because it kicks off with National Scrapbook Day … which, in case you missed it, is kind of a big deal. If you're interested, I put together a quick guide to various online NSD events and you can take a look at it right here.

Speaking of scrapbooking, if you stopped by my blog today on your way through the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop - welcome!!! Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile! You should have landed here after perusing Millisa's fabulous blog but if you're just jumping into the hop now you can head back here to start from the beginning.

This month, the Counterfeit Kit team is using the April kits from Paper Camellia as our inspiration. There are four great kits to choose from, and the add-on kit immediately jumped out at me because of its simplicity. My April counterfeit kit was chock full of product and I liked the idea of a more streamline kit for this coming month.
By now, most of you probably know my method of pulling together kits. I usually pick one or two items from the "real kit" that I already have in my stash and then build my counterfeit kit around that. This month, though, I decided to try something a little different. I grabbed a pen and paper and quickly scribbled down all the elements I saw in the kit. Then, with my "shopping list" in hand, I began to dig through my stash.

Colors: Yellow, Grey, Pink, Blue, Brown (woodgrain)
Designs: Stripes, Grids, Argyle
Embellishments: Letter stickers, decorative paper clip, wood veneer, buttons, enamel dots, chipboard shapes
--> Globe / map / travel (overall theme) 

Here is a peek of my counterfeit kit, which I'm calling Urban Spring.


As always, you view the entire kit in the video below.



Thanks for stopping by today. I look forward to creating with you this month!! xo

17 comments :

  1. You really have got some delights in there and happy birthday for tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the video! that's just plain cool! love the pops of blue and yellow..... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours you've gone with are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a cupcake filled happy day for you tomorrow! And what a lovely kit. I adore all those bright, clear yellows you have in your stash (note to self: more yellow) and the selection of bits and pieces. A lovely, bright, happy kit which is perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kit you put together! It's gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute kit love the color choices and all those fun embellishment choices :) Happy Scrappy Birthday to you :) Have a fantastic weekend with it

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a method I use for counterfeiting too - great embellies in your lovely kit.

    Happy Birthday too - have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!! I love the name Urban Spring! And love the very Spring kit you have. Our spring in Texas is lingering thankfully as usually we are in the upper 80's by this time of year. I am so looking forward to your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful collection to play with.I've used the list then grab method too before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, fresh & bright. I wanna play with your kit! :~D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie I'm just answering your question...yes they are paperclips,there is one above the photo on the Challenge #1 layout. I will see if I can find some for you.I bought them on a throwout table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a wonderful birthday! I love your beautiful kit with all the bright colours. Lots of great layouts waiting to be made

    ReplyDelete
  13. the shopping list really worked for you, that's one incredible kit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your video is awesome! I love all the fun goodies you included, and am excited to pull together my own kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope you had a great birthday weekend and found time to scrap...I feel bad, my CKCB from April didn't get much usage, maybe 3 layouts...Love this kit and am off to put mine together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful mix of colours, patterns and little details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh fabulous kit with lots of colours and patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo