Sunday, May 4, 2014

Be Happy … A National Scrapbook Day Layout

It's a rainy Sunday evening here in my little corner of the world, and the National Scrapbook Day frenzy is slowly coming to an end. I hope you all had a wonderful, creative weekend. How many layouts did you get done? So far, I've completed three and am working on my fourth. If you knew how long it takes me to pull pages together, you'd know that this is quite the accomplishment!

A few days ago, I posted a Guide Map To National Scrapbook Day. Check it out if you haven't already … there's still time to participate in several of the online crops and challenges featured. Also, today marks the official launch of Sketch N Scrap's month-long birthday celebration. There will be tons of challenges and prizes over the next few weeks, as well as the regular sketch challenges that have made Sketch N Scrap a go-to blog for crafty inspiration. So head on over and check them out, and be sure to click that "follow" button so you don't miss any of the fun.

Today I thought I'd share the first layout I made on National Scrapbook Day. This layout was done for a "scrap lift" challenge over on the Scrapbook Nerd message board. I chose a layout by Fleur who blogs over at FleursbyDesign as my inspiration. Here's the page I created using my May Counterfeit Kit …


Can you believe it … almost two full years later, and I'm STILL working on scrapbooking all those wedding photos! This page instantly became one of my all-time favorites. I really love how the products came together and I'm thrilled with how that white space at the top looks. I think it complements the busy clusters and layers at the bottom.

Have you posted any of your National Scrapbook Day projects on your blog? If so please feel free to leave a link below in the comments - I'd love to swing by and check it out!


Products Used:

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful page, love the colors and the pop of yellow really brings your eyes to the picture :) I managed to get 2 layouts done over the weekend and I got 16 cards done for a local swap too. the layout I did on Saturday is posted today: http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/2014/05/game-night-layout.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stephanie! Such a beautiful page and lovely picture. Love that wedding photo!!! I have not posted my layouts, but will be sharing them over the next month. Completed quite a bit, but I started on Friday night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING! You were a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top looks like your radiance streaming off the page :~) and I'm swooning over the Viewmaster heart "lace" paper... gorgeous on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo