Thursday, April 10, 2014

This is why I scrapbook …


Yesterday morning my husband and I were involved in a bad car crash on the highway. What's left of our car can be seen in the photo above. It was a terrifying experience but, by the grace of God, everyone involved is okay minus a few bumps and bruises. I'm feeling awfully sore today as the air bags deployed and I got a good punch to the chest from the impact, but above all I'm just grateful to be alive!

I'm sharing this as a humble reminder of why documenting our memories, our stories, is so important. Life is unpredictable, and we don't know what tomorrow holds. This hobby of ours is so much more than just pretty paper and glue … it's truly a way of leaving our loved ones with a small piece of our hearts when the time comes for us to cross over from this life to the next. When we go, our scrapbooks … these bulky albums filled with photographs and hand-written journaling and tiny tokens of our lives … will remain behind.

Proof that we lived, that we loved, that our existence meant something.

So, friends, the next time you pull out your supplies to create a layout I challenge you to scrapbook like you mean it! Grab the camera, take a selfie, journal something thoughtful in your own handwriting.  Leave a "heartprint" on every page you make. Scrapbook like it matters …. because it does.

9 comments :

  1. I am SO glad you are okay! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you had to have this horrible experience. What a shock but thank heavens that you're all ok. I've only ever had one accident which was in no way bad but it still shook me up. A thought provoking post - take care of yourself and heal those bumps and bruises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prescribe LOTS of TLC to each other - what a lucky escape. Lovely positive post though - gentle {{{hugs}}} x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, sorry to hear about the wreck. Thankful you and the others are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stephanie, how awful for you - hope you are recovering. We had a minor bump last year and I'm still suffering from the injuries - take acre and look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I'm so glad you're still here to tell the story! That look very scary. Hope you weren't injured and that you have many more stories to tell! Keep safe. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Stephanie, I know how scary that must have been. I was involved in a head on collision several years ago, seeing your car makes it seem like yesterday. Praise God that you and your DH weren't seriously injured! How are you doing now? I hope that you both are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God it was only bumps and bruises and it is true, anything could happen in life and our scrapbooks need to tell the story of us- that's why I do Aleida's Challenge and I get in the pictures!!! Hope you are recovering from the soreness and just the scary feelings that go with being involved in a collision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God you are fine, I'm so sorry for the crash but don't care anything except yourselves... best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo