Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Family Dinner - A Layout Inspired By A Sketch

I feel like I say this every single month, but can you believe April is already coming to an end?! I really feel like this month has slipped right past me. I had so many creative goals and I haven't had time to tackle half of them! That said, the month's not over yet so there's still some time to catch up.

Yesterday evening I was really in the mood to scrapbook, but I just couldn't get my creative juices flowing. Whenever that happens, I always find myself reaching for a sketch - or rather, in this digital day and age, browsing the blog world for a sketch. I found the new April sketch over at Life. Paper. Scrapbook and decided to give it a go, even though it's very linear and not really what I would consider my usual style ….


Here is my take on it …


My father-in-law snapped this photo of us in Hawaii as we enjoyed a nice dinner together at a steakhouse. (My mother-in-law's face has been blurred out here to respect her privacy - she's shy!) I altered the sketch slightly to accommodate my single horizontal photo but, other than that, I tried to follow the sketch as closely as I could. I am so happy with the end result!



Products Used:

5 comments :

  1. That is a great layout ...
    seeing as I am on a sketch Tear ( sp?)
    I am definatly doing this Layout tomorrow !! Thanks

    PS thanks as well as I have used SO MUCH Stash this month... Crazy
    Only new stuff I got was 6 copics adn some stamps -
    using up all my paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors you chose are so pretty and love all the layers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you adapted the sketch to suit your pic and the colours are lovely. Great page! (Thanks for joining in at LPS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of the sketch and how you've used your products- thanks for playing along with us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE you take on the LPS sketch (Visiting from the link up). GORGEOUS colors and paper choices. The Foxy paper is my fave and I LOVE the flair!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo