Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Counterfeit Kit Layout #1 - Sketchy Business

Hello Everyone! Today I'm excited to share the first of many layouts created with my April Counterfeit Kit, Croissants in Paris. When I saw this sketch over on the Chickaniddy Crafts Blog I immediately fell in love with it. I mean, it's got hearts, banners, square 4x4 photos ... what's not to love?! I pulled out my kit and got straight to work.


Here's my take on it .... 


This is one of my favorite photos of my husband and I, taken during an afternoon date at nearby Granville Island. When I found it in my stash of photographs I couldn't believe I hadn't scrapbooked it yet.


The Counterfeit design team has selected some really amazing sketches to inspire you this month. There are 9 sketches total and they are all up on the blog (here) for you to use as a starting point to get those creative juices flowing. However, just in case the sketches we selected aren't your cup of tea, here are a few sketch blogs I like to frequent when I'm in need of some scrappy motivation ...

Sketch N Scrap - 5 new sketches are posted each month for both cards and layouts. Prizes offered!
Life Paper Scrapbook - 1 new sketch posted each month for layouts. Prizes offered!
Stuck?! Sketches - 2 new sketches posted each month. Prizes offered!

I hope you're inspired to find a sketch that speaks to you and get scrapping!!

Products Used

12 comments :

  1. the sketch is adorable but your layout is even more so! All that scrummy product and hearts and cute faces. Really lovely. Really like the addition of the unlinkz to your posts. I've been pondering that for some time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous sketch, and a beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute layout from a cute sketch :) Your rendition is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute layout! I love how fun and colorful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I was using one of the sketches last night and my eye kept being drawn to the one you've selected - utterly gorgeous! I plan on gathering more supplies later in order that I can have a play! This page is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you matted the separate sections with black. Makes a nice mix of masculine/feminine on your page. You two are so adorable my blood sugar has gone up (in a GOOD way!) Suh-weet <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just GORGEOUS!!!! I just love what you did with your kit....who makes that yellow paper, I am IN LOVE with yellow lately and would love to add that to my hoard....ummm...I mean collection! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lisa! The yellow paper is by Lawn Fawn from their new "Hello Sunshine" collection! :)

      Delete
  8. Love this bright happy page - especially the yellow against the black and the black framing.
    Great sketch interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning take on the sketch, love the bright colours and waht a fab photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sketch is fab but your LO is amazing, love all the heart embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very happy photo! That sketch has been on my list and I'm glad to see you used it. We also have sketches over at Scrap Our Stash if you wanna jump over there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo