Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Counterfeit Kit - Croissants in Paris

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop for the month of April. In honor of April Fools, we decided to change things up a whole lot this month ... including switching up the order of our blog hop. Usually I'm the last stop on the monthly hop so I'm excited to be one of the first today!

This month, the team is NOT counterfeiting a kit. Instead, we're drawing our inspiration from a CSI board. The board includes a color palette, a list of embellishments/products to include and a list of ideas for layouts and projects you can make using your kit. Here's the board we were given ...


And here is a peek of the kit I came up with. I was immediately inspired by the shades of green and the idea of journaling about a dream vacation. I'm calling my kit Croissants in Paris .... because Paris is currently my dream vacation and eating fresh, warm croissants there is on my life bucket list!


As always, you can view the full kit in the video below. It's a bit longer than usual (7 minutes) so, if you're in a rush, feel free to come back and view it later. I did compile a list with *most* of the products in my kit, and you can find that here.


This month I am on a serious mission to kill my kit. I want to use every sheet of paper, every sticker, every last enamel dot! National Scrapbook Day is coming up next month and that means great sales at all of my favorite scrapbook stores ... plus giveaways and challenges and online crops and prizes! I want to be able to splurge a little next month and shop in good conscience. So, I'm challenging myself to really use up my kit ... if you want to join me in making a dent in your stash of scrappy supplies, read more about the challenge here.    

●▬▬▬▬▬★ G I V E A W A Y ★▬▬▬▬▬●

Last but not least, I'm excited to announce that the CKC Blog is hosting a super fun April Fool's giveaway! Bethany has put together a fabulous prize package (here) and all you have to do is play along with our little "true or false" game. Each design team member is sharing 3 "facts" about themselves ... 2 are true, 1 is false. Here are my facts ...

1. At fourteen I was crowned Miss Teen Quebec and participated in Miss Teen Canada.
2. My favorite subjects in high school were biology and science.
3. My husband and I would choose a night at the opera over a pop or rock concert any day.

Which fact do you think is NOT true? Post your guess in the comments of this post. 
{For a complete list of rules and guidelines please visit the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog}

... That's it for me today. Next up on the hop is the lovely Lynnette so be sure to swing by her blog to see the fabulous kit she's put together! 

24 comments :

  1. Another gorgeous kit Steph. Paris is wonderful!!! Start saving. I think the odd one out is the subjects that you liked at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful kit ! Love that you added a touch of red to spice it. About your game, I think 2 is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh great colours for your kit and fab intro music - love that washi!

    My guess for the foolish answer is #3 ... I think you love modern music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use the most lovely products in your kits and this one is no different - just lovely. As for croissants in Paris, I can only say that yes, you'll LOVE it! IT's a fabulous place to visit :-)

    I think number three is wrong - I agree with Jemma that I think you prefer modern music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful kit, Stephanie, you're going to have a lot of fun this month. I'm guessing # 2 is false.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kit, and I have committed to try and use up my entire kit too :)
    I'm guessing
    2. My favorite subjects in high school were biology and science. is false

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love challenging yourself to use your stash to make room for more! I join you, but my reasoning slightly different! Our dream of sending our beef into our own restaurant is becoming a reality and every spare dime is going into the restaurant right now. Opening late April or early May.

    I can not wait to see what you create with your beautiful kit!

    I seem to keep picking #2. Most women are not like me...I loved loved math and chemistry as well as history. So I will say this is false!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is SO exciting ... my husband and I are total foodies and would love to own our own restaurant someday but I'm not sure our cooking skills match our eating skills,lol!

      Delete
  8. ok, I haven't checked out your kit yet, but the lie is #3. You are so busted. Your kit reveals, which are placed, strategically at the pinnacle of the blog hop, always have a trendy tune attached.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous kit! Best of luck to you in using it up "down to the last drop." It is certainly full of inspiring goodness. Just FYI, there is a group of ladies on the 2Peas message board participating in a 50 before NSD challenge. You're more than welcome to join us, if you aren't already a part of it. As for your lie: I'm thinking #3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful kit- you definitely got the feel of the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved hearing you this month! Great to pull in what didn't get used & finish it up. Oolala - Paris inspired kit? C'est magnifique! I am totally guessing but I think maybe #3 is false?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on killing that gorgeous kit - you can do it!
    I think No.2 is your lie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful kit! The Mon Ami collection is perfect and you've mixed in some goodies like Heidi Swapp and Jillibean to totally make it your own. While I always look forward to your music choices, it was fun to hear your voice and see the kit this time around. Seems like you like varied music, so I'm going to say the one about math and science is the false statement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome kit! great choice of papers and embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! What an amazing kit - I love the mix of colour, patterns and textures! It really makes me think of European holidays, so perfect for those 'Paris' themed embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Kit Stephanie! I can't believe NSD is so near, this year is just flying by! I'm going to guess that #2 is false, I hate math, and while I find biology interesting it was a tough subject for me in high school, so I'm going with #2! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your kit and the detail included. Looking forward to seeing how you would use up ALL of that kit. I think no. 2 is false

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am also obsessed with all things Paris, and I think the touch of red adds a little oo - la - la!! Nicely constructed kit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful kits - so fun and fresh! :D

    My guess is no. 3!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your kit - I guess number 2 is false!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooooooooooh I want to play with that kit. yummy.
    I miss croissants, gluten free ones just don't work. I hope you get the opportunity to go to Paris, it's a lovely place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow looks like a great kit... You should have loads of fun creating with it. I am going to guess that Number 1 is not true.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab kit Stephanie, love the colours and good luck with using up the whole lot - that's a whole lot of stash! As to which one of your facts is an april fool ... hmmmm ... I'm going to say #2

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo