Friday, March 21, 2014

Sister Friend - A Layout Inspired By The LPS March Mood Board

If you've read my blog for awhile now, you've probably heard me lament over my two least favorite colors to work with - red and green. Needless to say, I don't get many Christmas layouts done around here! I'm not one to shy away from a good challenge, though, so when I saw the March mood board over on the Life.Paper.Scrapbook website I knew I had give it a shot. I liked the idea of pairing different shades of green with grey and gold and cream ... it somehow made the challenge seem a little less intimidating.


Here is the layout I came up with ... not my usual style, but I'm pretty happy with it! 



I think this layout used up every green thing in my stash! I'm not even kidding. Now if I could just get over my fear of working with red I might actually be able to get some traditional Christmas pages done! ;)

★ PS - Don't forget to enter my blog anniversary giveaway HERE

8 comments :

  1. Awwwww, what an awesome layout!! Great pic too!!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is a gorgeous take on the mood board and its a beautiful photo.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely page to showcase that gorgeous photo! Way to go stepping outside your color zone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! LOVE the green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty page!!!! fun sequins and splats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss the LPS moodboard this month :(
    Thanks for the reminder and what a pretty page :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo and great page- so glad you pushed yourself to use green! Thanks for playing along with us at LPS :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo