Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sketch N Scrap Reveal - February 5th

Aloha o Palekaiko! Greetings from paradise, the land of sandy shores! We arrived safe & sound earlier this week and have been having the time of our lives here in Hawaii. I'm taking a quick (really quick!) break from the sun to share my take on the latest Sketch N Scrap card sketch with you all.

Here is the first card sketch of the month, designed by Kelly ...


Isn't it a fabulous sketch?! Perfect for Valentine's Day ... or any occasion, really. I love the label and the banners and the scalloped circle/doily - so many fun design ideas to play around with here! This is my take on it ...


I decided to use the sketch to create a simple traditional Valentine. I used supplies in my Counterfeit Kit, Milkshake for Two, to make the card and it all came together quite quickly. The photo above is actually a peek of something pretty fun that I'll be debuting here on the blog on February 12th ... I can't wait to show you the rest of the photos from that photo shoot :)

If you want to play along with the sketch challenge & be entered to win a prize pack from design team member Tamika, be sure to upload your creations over on the Sketch N Scrap blog by February 28th.

And on that note - I'm headed back to the beach! See you all next week.

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful, love this mix between modern and romantic feelings !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch and the way you outlined the doily is cool effect

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I'm pinning this for sure! I needed an idea for a cute card for Friday and yours is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card. I haven't discovered sketch & scrap but might check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! I just now noticed that you outlined the doily! How creative and I am going to try that, it really sets off the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo