Friday, February 28, 2014

March Counterfeit Kit - Soda Shop

Happy March everyone! I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the world but around here we've been experiencing clear blue skies and warm, breezy days. Spring is definitely in the air and I couldn't be happier! This winter has been a long one and I'm more than ready for it to be over with.

Thank you to everyone who left kind words on my last post. I am feeling a bit better (actually, A LOT better) and I'm looking forward to getting back into the regular swing of things this month. The move, though chaotic at first, went well and my husband and I are settling into our new home quite nicely. As soon as it's all set up and decorated I'll be sure to post some photos. I am *very* excited to show off my new scrapbooking space!

Speaking of scrapbooking, if you've stopped by my blog today for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop - welcome, welcome! This month, the CKC team is using the "Color Swatch" kits from Cocoa Daisy as inspiration.


At first glance, this kit didn't strike me as being my "style". I'm not a huge fan of red and yellow and the unique mix of bold patterns and soft, pastel colors was intimidating. However, once I started pulling items I was quickly able to put together a kit that I love and am excited to work with. I pulled out the few sheets of Heidi Swapp Color Wash papers that I had in my stash (not the same patterns as the ones in the original kit, but similar) and built the rest of my kit around that.

Here's a quick video of what I'll be working with this month ...


I named this month's kit Soda Shop because, for some reason, the colors and patterns in my counterfeit kit remind me of a vintage soda shop or a girly, whimsical diner.

If you're inspired by the kit and want to create your own version using items already in your stash, be sure to link up over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Wanna do the full blog hop? Head on over to Elaine's blog to get started.

14 comments :

  1. Pretty! Can't wait to see your LOs with this bunch of loveliness! The music in the video was awesome too! Who is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The softer tones should make for some beautiful layouts Stephanie.Looking forward to seeing what you produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your videos and music selections as much as your fantastic scrappy supplies. I think it's the pop of the aqua and pink that give it that vintage 50's do wop feel. It's a perfect interpretation. Hope life settles down as you settle in to your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kits-and what a pretty combination of supplies! Great videos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great kit, great video and so excited about your new scrapping space - good luck in your new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbly presented kit ... love those hot pink word stickers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am proud to say I am FINALLY caught up around the house (and I didn't even move lol!) I am so excited because I have wanted to play along with your kit challenge for awhile now and this is the month I am doing it!!!!! I have it half done and will finish tonight and then get busy on projects with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty kit :) Wow and beautifully presented too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty, and a nice cute title

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephanie, you are adorable! I just watched a video haul from Michaels that you did and you have such a sweet voice and you are cute as a button! I smiled along as you went through your purchases. Looking forward to another video from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the inspiration kit and really enjoyed your video, can't wait to see what comes next! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great change-up to make the inspiration kit personal & workable for you, and love ending the hop with one of your amazing video kit tours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never heard of a counterfeit kit, but love the idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope you are feeling better and getting all settled in now. looking forward to seeing some piccies of your space. we moved over 18 months ago and I haven't got everything sorted yet! :-)
    great kit as always - you will make some lovely layouts with it. I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo