Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Love Day - A Sketch N Scrap Inspired Layout

First of all, I want to apologize for being a little M.I.A lately. Our big move is in full swing and, while exciting, it's also been more overwhelming than I expected. That, paired with the fact that I'm having some health issues and needing much more rest than usual, has kept me on the sidelines as far as blogging is concerned. I am looking so forward to being settled into our new home, getting my studio all set up and jumping back into creating full-time. How many more days until March??!

This month, I've been working almost exclusively with my Counterfeit Kit, Milkshake For Two - probably because all of my other supplies are now packed up in boxes so this kit is literally all I have to work with! I'd been meaning to scrapbook these two Instagram photos from last year's Valentines Day for ages and thought the products in my kit would be perfect. I used the February 1st sketch from Sketch N Scrap as a guide and got straight to work.


Last year, the hubs surprised me with a delicious home-cooked meal and a bouquet of pink roses. This year, we spent Valentine's Day eating take-out on the floor of our new home. Totally unglamorous but gosh it was romantic! *sigh* I'm so lucky to share life with this man. He is SUCH a keeper!

What about all of you? How did you celebrate Valentine's Day? Have you made any V-Day layouts this year ... if so, be sure to share links in the comments below!!

13 comments :

  1. Awww that is so cute, I really love how you laid it all out too, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie, love your take on the sketch and what a lovely hubby to surprise you like that. I spent Valentines Day this year at a weekend crop (so not romantic!). Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap in your limited time and hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, so much to love about your layout! I love the products you used and how you used them! Pretty pictures, too. Hope you get to feeling better soon and may your move go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful -- and how romantic! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a FABULOUS take on the sketch Stephanie!!! The layout is awesome but I love your title too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect papers for beautiful photos ! Very pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos and layout!! Feel better soon!!!!!! :):) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout, girlie!! Love the papers! You do awesome work! Hope you are on the mend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had quite a day as evidenced by your colorful happy page. Hope you've mended completely now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo