Wednesday, February 12, 2014

D.I.Y Date Night - Good Morning Handsome

If you've been poking around my blog recently, you might have noticed a little addition to the "Tutorials" section of the site. I've decided to start a series on my blog called DIY Date Night. I am a huge believer in the importance of setting time aside to date your significant other - no matter how long you have been together. I'm no marriage counsellor, but I really think dating (spending quality time together, just the two of you) helps keep a relationship romantic, youthful and fun ... and the dates don't have to cost you an arm and a leg either!

We're paper crafters. We're a CREATIVE group of ladies. Our men might not understand our love for stickers and they may not share our enthusiasm for chipboard ... but imagine how appreciated and special they would feel if every now and then we took some of our creative energy and used it to come up with unique, inexpensive ways to say "hey, guess what?! I really love you"

That's the whole idea behind my DIY Date Night posts. Every now and then, I'll share some of my date night ideas with you + provide photos and, when necessary, step-by-step instructions on how you can create a similar experience for your special someone. I'll be posting links to all the the date night ideas in the "Tutorials" section of the website. If you're single, these ideas can easily be switched up a little to make them suitable for a mommy-daughter date or a girls' night in, etc. Oh, and just because I'm calling the series DIY Date Night doesn't mean all of the ideas are evening activities. Today's post, for example, features a sweet morning surprise.

I know my husband, and I know he's going to have a romantic evening planned for us on Valentine's Day. So, instead of making plans for dinner, I decided to spoil him with a little T.L.C first thing in the morning. A breakfast/coffee/tea date idea is so simple to put together & so inexpensive ... and it's a surprise anyone would be happy to wake up to. Here's a peek of what I have in store for my Mister ...


DETAILS | Good Morning Handsome Mug : Chapters Indigo / Cookies : A Couple Of Squares / Conversation Hearts & Candies : Candy Aisle / Paper Straws : Michaels / Tea : Natural Beauty from SalonTea

Set your surprise up on the kitchen counter, his nightstand or dresser - wherever he'll be sure to see it when he wakes up. Have a cup of coffee or tea waiting, some cute treats (things like cookies and biscotti will do the trick) + don't forget to include a homemade Valentine with a little note telling him how much you appreciate him!

Now, I realize my table looks a little "girly" with all the pink ... but I'm pretty sure the bacon I cook while he's reading his Valentine will make up for it! If you prefer to go with a more masculine vibe, go with a red & gold, red & black or a red & navy color scheme.

I hope this post has inspired you to create your own little love table for your special someone! If you do, please please please post a link down below so I can see some photos!

7 comments :

  1. How sweet! We don't really do Valentine's but I was pretty annoyed last year when he didn't even get me card - I wait with baited breathe for Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! what a lovely idea. we've been together 15 years and I still try to make sure I tell him I love him every day and tell him what I love about him and affirming things about him as often as i can. I want to try to set up date nights so I'll be watching out for your posts! I know he's got something big up his sleeve for Friday and a dinner date so I will have to get my thinking cap on - morning wouldn't work for him as he's a morning grump! No breakfast or anything... mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I'd already planned to set out a little morning surprise for my hubby - a handmade card & a small box of chocolates, but you've inspired me to add a little more creativity to it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all the wonderful ideas they all come in handy.
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Warmly,
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic ideas! Happy Valentine's Day! Love your diy date night post idea. I'll definitely have to start watching for these. We've been married 16 years today and I'm constantly scanning Pinterest for easy, inexpensive, and unique ideas. Now I have another source!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have in house dated my husband every Friday for almost 20 years (yes, it's true). Those are the nights we take time to talk about the pleasures and the sorrows in our lives, and in my opinion thos dates are essential for our relationship.
    We don't celebrate Valentines much in Norway (even if the shops want us to), but I can always give such a gift another morning, can't I? I love the idea :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo