Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Color Palette Challenge From The Studio Challenges

By the time you read this, I'll be on an airplane headed towards the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii. My husband and I are off to celebrate Chinese New Year with his family and I am *so* excited to spend time with my in-laws, relax on the beach, read a good book or two and just take some time off. When we get back from Hawaii we'll be moving into our new home so this month is going to be a busy one to say the least. I've gone ahead and scheduled some posts (including this one) so I will still be "around" ... but please keep in mind that the Skyline Paperie shop will be closed from February 3rd to February 7th, and all orders placed during this time will ship out on February 10th. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Alrighty then, enough with the housekeeping - let's get to scrappin', shall we?! Today there's a new challenge up over on The Studio Challenges blog. The team has put together a great color palette for you and we can't wait to see what you come up with.

I just love this palette. The cream, pink, mint and grey color scheme can be used for so many different layouts but we'd like to challenge you to create a layout about love using these colors. Here's the layout I made ... 


I used a combination of products from Dear Lizzy, Glitz Designs, Basic Grey, Heidi Swapp and Crate Paper. I really like how this page turned out - whimsical and playful, just like our wedding!


Be sure to upload your layouts over on The Studio Challenges blog to be entered to win this month's prize from AbsoluteSCRAP. You have until the end of the month to participate.

8 comments :

  1. love what you did with the color pallet! also, I am super jealous of you and your Hawaii trip! my husband and I just got back from there and had so much fun! enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very fun layout! Thank you for sharing! Have a great trip! I am dreaming that one day I will make it to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice -love the pop of gold there! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing page. Love your take On the challenge. So proud to be On the same team as you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Really love that lovely photo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great layout - I really like the word strips & the fantastic photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great photo - wedding shots are so much more imaginative than when I got hitched! Beautiful page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute layout and such a cute idea for a picture too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo