Sunday, December 1, 2013

Welcome December + Journal Your Christmas 2013

Happy December everyone!! As I write this post I'm sitting in our family room, feet propped up on a foot stool, holiday tunes playing on the radio and our decorated Christmas tree sparkling and twinkling over in the corner. (That's it there, to the left) Sweet bliss. I love this time of year, don't you?!

Last month I decided to sign up for Shimelle's famous Journal Your Christmas class. I'm sure most of you already know all about the class and how it works but, just in case you don't, here's a brief summary - Scrapbooker extraordinaire Shimelle Laine has been offering the Journal Your Christmas class every holiday season since 2004. The class includes two daily prompts (one journaling, one photography), detailed PDF downloads and group discussion forms. If you're interested & want more information you can swing by Shimelle's blog, Pretty Paper, True Stories, for the full class description and sign-up links.

I've heard TONS of great things about this class and I finally decided to take the plunge and sign up because this year Christmas is going to be a little different for me. For the first time ever I will not be spending the holidays with my entire family. Alan and I made the difficult decision not to travel back to the east coast for Christmas so we'll be celebrating alone here on the west coast, just the two of us. It's bitter sweet ... part of me is excited to create new traditions with my husband while, of course, part of me is sad to be celebrating so far away from everyone else I love.

I'm hoping this Journal Your Christmas class will help me jumpstart documenting my holiday memories - both new and old. My goal is to make a 12x12 album that I can add a few layouts to each year. I think it'll be wonderful to have an album to pass on to my children that captures the highlights of each Christmas. I'm feeling particularly ambitious this evening so I might start working on a small mini album as well, just to document Christmas 2013.

Are any of you doing a December Daily / Journal Your Christmas project this year? If so, I'd love to hear all about your process and which supplies you're using. Let me know in the comments below xxo

2 comments :

  1. Just stopped by to say thanks for leaving me some love on my blog. I am excited to see how your journal turns out! P.S. I know the feeling of not being with family at Christmas. Hubs and I lived in Alberta for 4 years and only moved back to the East Coast two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! I'm creating my fifth Christmas journal and this year I've gone for more of an arty journal which will be different and fun! Look forward to seeing yours, it will be great to document your new traditions in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo